[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to make or order custom wires like this? Like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
Is there a way to make or order custom wires like this? Like color order?
>>
>>948199
ummm,,, you can buy ribbon cable on big spools, and whatever kinds of end connectors and board connectors you want for it.

if you are asking about getting custom ribbon cable made, like with special coloring?--probably there is a way.... if you are willing to buy a huge amount of the ribbon cable.
otherwise probably not.
>>
>>948209
Like a specific color order
>>
Apparently...
http://customcable.ca/custom-ribbon-cables/

I suspect their process involves the application of heat, but I wonder if you could just arrange the PVC-insulated wires side-by-side around a large spool or roller, spritz a bit of acetone on it and let it weld the insulation together that way.
>>
Buy the connectors and the right sized wire from digikey. If it's strictly necessary for the wires to stay connected in one ribbon, I'm sure theres some kind of flexible glue out there that would do the job.
>>
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/214/kxacc-083ds-1879.pdf

Two of these side by side would be equivalent (2x10). Expensive too.

Maybe eBay for some old scsi2 ribbon cables. I've seen a lot of those that were multi color and they tend to be high quality by nature of how expensive that tech was and who the customers were.

If you don't need ribbon, the external versions of those were the same wire split apart tucked inside a sheath.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.