[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This ultrasonic mister automatically shuts off after 3 or 6 hours.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: x354-q80.jpg (22 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
x354-q80.jpg
22 KB, 354x354
This ultrasonic mister automatically shuts off after 3 or 6 hours. How do I force it to continuously run?
>>
>>948181
No fucking clue, but it could break if you do so
>>
power cycle it every 3 or 6 hours
>>
>>948188
This is how the power settings work . Touch it once to set the timer for 3 hours, twice for 6 hours and a third time will turn the unit off. How does it know it is being touched? If I could stimulate it three times every 5 hours I could keep it on the 6 hour setting.
>>
>>948194
>How does it know
Capacitive sensing, most likely.

A Iphone stylus might do the trick for letting a machine poke it.

While you could probably open it up and force it to stay on via wiring, you'd never get the case to be acoustically identical to before you opened it.
Seeing as it uses ultrasonic vibrations to work, that would be bad.
>>
>>948205
the case is just used for buoyancy
>>
>>948181
>>948181
Is it expensive?

If not you could open it up and bypass the timer with a piece of wire (so that it is always on while it's plugged in), but there's a high chance of breaking it if you haven't done anything like that before.

You'd have to take a look at the circuit, but I'm suspecting the actual ultrasound module takes 5V power, so you should be about to wire it directly to the USB power (preferably with a fuse). It does run on USB right?
>>
>>948205
>Chinese piece of shit electronics
>u guna mess up the acoustics

Bro, no.
>>
>>948181

show me the PCB
>>
>>948318
>bypass the timer with a piece of wire
I suspect the electronics will consist of a little black blob on a circuit board, with a couple discrete components nearby.
>>
>>948338
Well, we won't know if they've been epoxied until we see the insides.

Even if they have, we can test the output to the ultrasound module with a multimeter, and if it is 5V then we can just bypass the entire black blob.
>>
>>948341
*assuming the signal generator is a part of the ultrasound module and not on the main board.
>>
>>948318
not expensive, i just bought it for $4. it takes 5V and runs off a USB. ill take some pictures of PCB when it arrives and post them to /diy/. I just wanted to get an idea of what im getting into. seems doable, thanks
>>
>USB powered water sprayer

Sure, let me put it on top of my tower
>>
>>948328
this
>>
>>948599
what tower?

>>948614
in another thread, its shipping from china
>>
>>948693

He was trying to make a bad joke about having a water sprayer on top of a computer.
>>
>>948181

open it up, look inside, take pics, we'll tell you what to snip off.

do you have a soldering iron?
>>
Mine was great for the two months that it worked properly.
>>
File: 0221160026.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0221160026.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>949869
>>
put plug it into a timer
>>
I thought it was a fleshlight.
>>
>>950826

It's a Negasonic Teenage Donut.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.