[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello DIY i receive this projector from a friend, i was gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 4ecfcac950593.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
4ecfcac950593.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
hello DIY

i receive this projector from a friend, i was gonna buy it from him, but when he went to test it, he said that a blue spark could be seen inside, and didnt turn on again so he gave it to me and told me that if i could fix it, its mine

what could have caused that spark? is it fixable? what should i be looking for when i opened it?

projector is a Benq MS500+
>>
>>948052
probably something blew
>>
>>948052
>if i could fix it, its mine
so you have to give it back if you can't get it fixed?

>what caused the spark
literally anything

>is it fixable
everything can be fixed

>what should i be looking for
skid marks
>>
>>948061
unless theres another use for a non functioning projector, ill throw it away, since it would be only garbage
>>
It's possible that it just needs a new bulb. The blue spark might just be the igniter trying to strike the lamp.
>>
File: 7c1b2a92dadc8fcfad9c4f428ec6c.jpg (105 KB, 398x503) Image search: [Google]
7c1b2a92dadc8fcfad9c4f428ec6c.jpg
105 KB, 398x503
>>948196
>buy expensive projector
>bulb burns out
>throw it out and buy new projector

Why do people treat everything as disposable these days? Is it mental conditioning from advertising to get people to buy more crap or am I missing something here?
>>
File: chip.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
chip.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
i found out what happened

i picked it up, and heard something loose inside, so i shake it a little bit more, and aparently, a chip blew away, i got the half of something in my hand
>>
>800 x 600 Native Resolution
that's not worth fixing.
>>
>>948287
>Bulb price and antiquated shit
vs
>New tech.

You're like my mom. Why are you kids always throwing away those printers instead of just buying new ink?!
>New ink costs 5% more than just buying a new printer, mom.
But its better for the environment and government and stuff!
>>
>>948289
oof
>>
>>948298
You know printers only come with demo-sized inks, right? You need to buy at least one load of ink for that to be true.
>>
>>948289

those are $2.50 each. just replace the part. now, whatever caused the part to explode may still be an issue, but who's to say that the problem wasn't just that it was a tits up chip.
>>
I asked my friend when was the last time he used it and he said, 6 months ago was the last time, when he tested it for me, he saw a spark and nothing else, no smoke so im ruling out a short circuit...today im gonna opened it and see the dmg, hopefully is just that chip
>>
File: refillink.jpg (14 KB, 350x261) Image search: [Google]
refillink.jpg
14 KB, 350x261
>>948298
of you could just refill the ink yourself for less than $1
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.