[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a project... So, I dropped a small electronic device in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: angry jesus.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
angry jesus.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
I have a project... So, I dropped a small electronic device in a very deep and narrow hole (~8 ft deep) and I need to retrieve it. I originally used an old hard drive magnet with a string to pull it out but it wasn't quite strong enough... Can anyone help me out with some solutions? (pics not available)
>>
stronger magnet. or acetylene torch. sledgehammer. plastic explosives. saw. time machine.
>>
>>947817
don't know what material the hole is in, think I covered all possible materials
>>
>>947816
its stuck in your butt isnt it?
>>
>>947819
kek. that's pretty deep.
>>
Superglue on a rod. When you get it out, heat the end of the rod to kill the superglue. It'll leave residue on the thing thoug.
>>
Long thin wire and pvc pipe. Wire loop on one end of pipe and the 2 ends coming back to your end so you can loop and pull it out.
>>
Thanks for the ideas guys
>>
>>947818
nope. didn't try pallet wood, or shipping containers. or maybe building a rave light to drop down into it.. or try to dig a cave to the otherside.
>>
>>947829
>pallet wood
saw
>shipping container
plastic explosives or sledgehammer if you're feeling saucy
>>
Garden hose and a shop vac
>>
Pooper scooper with some sort of lengthening attachment
>>
Silly putty on a stick.
>>
>>947816
Try using two HDD magnets.

If that doesn't work, keep increasing the number of HDD magnets until it is strong enough.
>>
Fuckhd magnets. Get some of these. I have them performing about 50 tasks around my house, everything from holding speaker grilLs to keeping my shit head cats from rooting in my cabinets.

https://www.apexmagnets.com/1-2-x-1-8-disc?fee=5&fep=101&gclid=CNfskfi2gMsCFYNkhgod7WwAHQ

Don't play around with the large ones... Once they stick together you won't be able to get them apart, especially since your fingers might be stuck between them
>>
>>947816
> I originally used an old hard drive magnet with a string to pull it out
You're on the right path there buddy. Use more hdd madnets attached to more strings. Lower them one after the other, try to get the next one to stick to the object, not the magnet(s) already down there.
I reckon if you have one hdd magnet you must have the other one too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.