[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this and how do I open it? It's the lock to my AT&T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160216_144228~01~01.jpg (215 KB, 1279x1155) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_144228~01~01.jpg
215 KB, 1279x1155
What is this and how do I open it? It's the lock to my AT&T demarc box. I need a look inside to be able to configure my coaxial wiring.
>>
'security hex' bit

you can get some in one of those cheap security bit sets from harbor freight

or you can try knocking out the center pin to use a regular allen key
>>
>>947636
Yes! This. I couldn't remember the proper name. I'll need to leave the center pin intact for the next time a service tech crew rolls around. I'm trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

What should I be searching for? Security hex wrench?
>>
they usually sell them in kits, so look for security screw kit, and make sure the list includes your size. presumably you have a bunch of allen keys to test the size.
>>
ITT OP trying to steal neighbors cable. Kek.
>>
>>947648
I'm trying to set up a MoCA bridge from the coax outlet and Ethernet hot drop in my living to a bedroom.
>>
>>947653
Are you sure moca doesnt interfere with uverse's iptv shit? Could be the same frequency. It doesn't play well with most shit except antennas or fios.
>>
Hexagon internal tamper proof bit

there cheap
>>
>>947839
No, and I've figured out what's most likely the issue. It's an older house so the RG6 splitters the living room port terminates at are likely old 900mhz. I'm gonna try to open up my demarcation box and switch out the splitters with some that support the frequency range by which the adapters can communicate.
>>947875
Yeah I found them at Home Depot. Thanks, friendo.
>>
Won't AT&T rape you if they find out?
>>
File: HaIFixedIt.jpg (302 KB, 1596x1192) Image search: [Google]
HaIFixedIt.jpg
302 KB, 1596x1192
>>947630
>>
>>947913
"yes"
>>
>>947913
To be clear, customer support suggested that I call a handyman or home electrician since they no longer transmit signal over the RG6 line and aren't accountable for its maintenance. It's just incidental that my home wiring runs through their demarcation point, so really this is exactly what an electrician would have to do.
>>
>>947926
every time i see some ogre dremel a perfectly fine security screw, because he jew out about these 10 bucks for the security bits i want to kick him in the bean bags.
>inb4 what stops you?
i'm a betafag
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.