[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/ I got those 2 keys not working [B]|N] It got tea a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: HALP.jpg (858 KB, 2500x1164) Image search: [Google]
HALP.jpg
858 KB, 2500x1164
Hi /diy/

I got those 2 keys not working [B]|N]
It got tea a while ago and It's in spare since, I'm trying to take the time at repairing it.
What is doable ? Is there some checks doable with a "check link" on Multimeter ?
thanks for any help
>>
>>947132
open it and clean the contacts
>>
>>947134
I did with some wet silk, then dryed it, without any change
>>
>>947132
check continuity along the top track that starts on the left pad and goes right then down.
space bar has two contacts so its possible the track is broken between the two space bar buttons and you just don't notice the left hand space bar button is broken because the right one works
>>
>>947137
i'm a retard there is only one space bar button
>>
also got a similar issue with no multimeter to check continuity either

will post images soon
>>
>>947132
If you have a decent multimeter check if there is a connection between the space, N and B pads. If that turns out to be fine than check if the buttons cane be pressed and the contact registered by the pad. Next would be to check if they are constantly connected. Most PCs will disregard keyboard shot circuits in favour of partial function.
>>
File: break.jpg (123 KB, 633x465) Image search: [Google]
break.jpg
123 KB, 633x465
>>947137
Ok I got my break there just after the space button
I'm now wondering if I can put some soldering tin or a very thin wire to recreate the cut link.

or go for the "Deluxe" product
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.181/.f
>>
File: magnified.jpg (950 KB, 2500x1664) Image search: [Google]
magnified.jpg
950 KB, 2500x1664
>>
>>947192
maybe should I use some sort of solvent able to wipe the dirt without affecting the silver/tin
I'm also thinking of the possibility of adding a very thin and small amount of thermal paste to recreate that broken link.
>>
>>947192
Thermal paste isn't conductive. Clean it and rub some pencil lead on it.
>>
its very difficult to get solder to bridge a gap when you want it to, takes a big bump of solder which will make your keyboard not flat
here is how i would go about it op
get some fine stranded wire, something like a few strands of 10/0.1 equipment wire or very thin enamel coated wire and solder that across the tracks.

be very careful with solvents, you don't want to kill the transparent membrane bit. ask a chemist if it will dissolve or not because i don't know.

also be very good at soldering and use a temperature controlled iron or you will melt the plastic
>>
>>947203
Uhmm Ok I already feel the dirty smell of my matrix-card,

I'm so going for such a silver pen, maybe not that particular brand but one pen..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfNByi-rrO4

thanks for tips which guided me through a solution.
>>
Remember OP, worst case scenario you get a new membrane from Unicomp.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.