[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We have two of these things in our new house, and we hate them.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 090713006185lg.jpg (15 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
090713006185lg.jpg
15 KB, 276x276
We have two of these things in our new house, and we hate them. I've looked up a few solutions, but I'm curious if /diy/ has any interesting ideas to replace Lazy Susans.
>>
>>946941

Yup...a fixed shelf...
>>
>>946962
This guy is a true innovator!
>>
>>946962
Well that's always an option, the problem is the depth of the cabinets at floor level. I don't want to have to get on my hands and knees and root around for things in the back.
>>
>>946941
Sliding racks. Won't work in a corner.
>>
>>946941
behold the Wandel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkf0-ieUmg
>>
>>946941
>>947004

Everyone hates those things, but they exist because nothing else goes in that wasted space.
I use mine to store shit I never use but can't bring myself to throw away because I am a chronic packrat.
>>
>>947006
Bitch, please.

http://www.pullsdirect.com/hardware-resources-cs-es360-easy-360-susan-30-inch-diameter-blind-corner-optimizer-with-adjustable-height/p2779222
>>
I just moved into an apartment with one of these and I think it's really cool. Why don't you like rotating Rudy?
>>
>>947271
This. My apartment has the same thing. I didn't know turning Teresa's were this popular
>>
>>947023
That's fucking shit.
Could have used cardboard boxes.
>>
>>947023
IT would have been cooler if he had put a spring system in place like a magazine to automatically move the back two boxes forward when the first is pulled out
>>
>>947287
It's just so much fun to push on your Penelope push 'em-a-round.
>>
>>946941
What's your problem with Pivoting Paulas m8????
>>
>>947293
But roaches and earwigs like to hide in the gaps of corrugated cardboard...
>>
>>946941
I don't know what I would do with out my orbiting bertha desu
>>
>>946941
Put liquer or wine on it
>>
>>947376
You mean your orbiting Olivia?
>>
OP here. I have no problem with (insert action verb and female name here). The problem with ours specifically is that they're cheap,
and fall out of alignment all the time.

Replacing them with high quality parts is not something I want to invest in. I'd much rather just have plain shelving that slides out, or something else clever. I'm also sick of things falling off and getting lost in the void spaces.
>>
>>947225
OP here. Looks great, but those are a grand a piece.
>>
>>947004
literally all cabinets at floor level are like that.
fuck, in our kitchen we have right angle counters in the corner, and cabinets in the counters. one of the cabinets is just drawers, and the other one opens up, and goes all the way to the left.
theres shit in the back nobody has seen in 20 years. over head view looks like this.
----------l
.....l////l--l
__l

like I said, the left is a forgotten abyss.
>>
Take a look at this. There are several options in there. They can be bought at home depot I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=736Q-FuKalI
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 436x436
Simple as.
>>
is it in a wall corner or can you get to the back side? I'm currently in an older house that has fixed shelves in the cabinet corner, but it also has a cabinet door on the backside of the counter so you can get into that awful dead zone easily.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.