[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USB speaker pin layout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: 20160214_183106~2.jpg.jpg (802 KB, 2106x2232) Image search: [Google]
20160214_183106~2.jpg.jpg
802 KB, 2106x2232
Hey /diy
I appreciate your advice and now I have one question. Pic related has a mini USB in. I have a couple of cables to rip off. My netbook needs a speaker asap and right now I cannot afford a shitty walmart $17 ones.
So, how should I connect wires to make a cable connecting generic 3,5 outlet of netbook with mini USB inlet on MP3 player? I googled a bit and found some color schemes and layouts but still not sure. I will cut wires and post pics in comments

btw, if somebody knows how to hook up bluetooth usb adapter to lucid puppy linux and connect to wireless headphones please give me a hint
>>
File: RqPxH1ih.jpg (70 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
RqPxH1ih.jpg
70 KB, 1024x680
I have found layout like this. Which spots should I connect 'left', 'right' and 'ground' from my computer audio?
>>
>>946803
Your speaker thing is using a usb connector out of spec.

A fairly safe assumption is that it still uses the +5v and ground pins as normal so you could charge your box thing with any standard usb outlet.

The line in presumably runs on the data pins then. Ground is ground. Left/Right goes to data- and data+ respectively. Or reversely. There's no real way to tell without experimentation, and most sound cards will just let you flop the channels if you get it backwards on your connector.
>>
>>946801
Easy as pie. Just take the audio cable for your pc, cut one end off of it, strip the ends of the wires so the copper is showing, solder them on to an analog to digital converter, then solder the ADC to an audio over USB digital module. Finally, connect the audio over USB module to a mini USB cable and you're done.

You'll probably need a 5v supply, some breadboard, the ADC chip, the audio over USB chip, some assorted caps and resistors, and possibly some jumper wire too.
>>
>>946818
>Ops shitbox speaker has a usb host controller in it.
>'LINE IN' means it has a driver for a usb audio device.
U wot m8.
>>
>>946814
Thank you, my good sir :)
Yes, it's charging allright and my only concern is the audio connection. I will figure out right/left somehow, anyways I need it only for some stupid lectures so I don't care about quality.
>>
>>946826
>audio connection concern
You sure that thing aint Bluetooth?

Find model no on box if poss:

http://3qict.com/products/speaker
(see nothing, click on 'speaker' again top menu)

6 models, 3 BT, 3 nopeBT.

Manual link(s) do nothing, but, nonBT models appear to have additional (standard) 3.5 line in - and retard level of the rest of the setup suggests, anything (standard USB, abused USB line-in/5v power combo, whofuckingknows) be possible. Dont seem to sell these in English-speaking countries, maybe marking USB power sockets on audio devices as 'Line-IN' is a thing elsewhere, I dunno. I'd doubt it actually functions as USB tho.
>>
File: 20160215_154307.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160215_154307.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>947027
The thing was bought in Russia, pretty common piece of Chinese technology though.
I tried 3,5 outlet as audio in, but for no luck. Everything went pretty much as that guy said. I connected green wire to green on headphone jack, white from USB to red on jack and ground to black. Didn't work before I plugged power to USB.
>>
File: 20160215_154149.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160215_154149.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Good news everyone
My humble project is done and everything is working.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.