[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interesting projects threads. What are the favorite things you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Interesting projects threads. What are the favorite things you've worked for?
Personally, I really enjoyed working on a miniature wooden chess set. I don't have any pictures right now, but it didn't turn out so well anyway. I went to put the magnets in the pieces, but I didn't consider the possibility that the magnets would be TOO strong. So the set is basically unusable because all the pieces try to latch onto each other.
Pic not strictly related, another fun project, but not really interesting.
>>
File: 20151017_153916.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151017_153916.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>946759
My favorite project was just this last september. I had a thick piece of table top glass I got at an auction for $5 that had been sitting around for a couple years, and I decided to incorporate it into a coffee table for my best friends wedding gift. The most difficult part was faceting the tops of the legs, and I think it turned out great, especially for my first serious solo project.
>>
>>946861
how'd you attach the glass to the legs?
>>
>>946864
Hammer and nails.
>>
>>946864
I didn't, the glass weighs enough that it stays on top quite nicely, and each leg has one of those clear rubber stick on pads that keeps it from sliding around.
>>
>>946861
Dear lord your flooring needs some help
>>
>>946867
So you plan on killing their children?
>>
>>946869
Thankfully that's the worst of it, the rest of the house is done. The kitchen will be last section, but it's on the bottom of a very long to-do list. That's my parents department though, their house and all.
>>
>>946871
If they actually decide to have kids, they can replace it. It wouldn't be the only thing they'd change, that's for sure.
>>
>>946759
>>946759
Here I'm sitting in a hotel room in Korea and showing this picture to my roommate (man, boss is cheap, shared rooms...) as we are packing a huge travelling exhibition into crates. Like your picture. We have eight days left and the we should have 21 high cube 12m containers tightly packed ready for shipping to Taipei. Semi-interesting job but rough. 1 and a half weeks to three weeks of minimum 12h days, no days off in between.
Pros: See the world, they said. Semi good pay. Got boss to pay some good certifications that I can use elsewhere. Good crew. Definitely not a monotonous job (yet). Exhibition has interesting theme and objects.
Cons: I have travelled before this job alot. Travelling has no value anymore. Long hours. I miss kids and my love. Jetlags. Hotel rooms.
>>
>>946917
That sounds that it has the capacity to be a fantastic job, if it wasn't for your specific circumstances. I hope it gets better for you man. What kind of certs are you getting out of it?
>>
>>946866
kek of the day
>>
>>946919
Forklift driving and work including fire. Needed for shit like welding and everything that includes sparks or heat that can catch fire. Even an angle grinder. Tecnically even for working with a soldering iron. Which is kind of funny. Both are formalities in my opinion but are needed for liability because I have my one man company. And they cost money.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.