[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is something cheap and something I can paint, and cut with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-2573363984115650681.jpg (891 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2573363984115650681.jpg
891 KB, 1440x2392
What is something cheap and something I can paint, and cut with a utility knife to replace the back of my entertainment center? My gfs cat is has started to scratch it

Wat do
>>
>>945629
Its called wood filler
>>
>>945632
It's not wood and not solid. Its like cardboard but with fiber. Not sure what it's called
>>
>>945633
Nigger, its MDF
And you are going to put wood filler on it, sand it down and paint it.
>>
>>945633
Fiberboard? Use wood filler. It will always look like shit no matter what and the cat won't stop either way.
>>
>>945634
Ok, fuck.
>>
Catskin is quite good for these kinds of projects.
>>
>>945629
>My gfs cat is has started to scratch it
>Wat do
pet protip: get a big + tall cat tower (the carpet-covered things). replace it EVERY YEAR.
yea I know, it costs money
it's cheaper than buying new furniture and drapes every year tho

consider the following:
1. cats will avoid damaging furniture if they have something they are allowed to scratch on
2. cats will avoid climbing drapes if they have something TALL that they are allowed to climb. get a TALL tower, like 6-foot-tall tower, not the 2-foot tall ones.
3. cats like stuff that doesn't smell like them. this is why they like to lay on clean laundry,,,, and also why you need to get a new cat tower every year--the carpet gets matted down with cat hair, you can't clean it well, and then the cats don't like it as much. replacing the carpet covering is more trouble than it's worth, and the tower parts (nailed and stapled together) get loose and start to fall apart anyway.

put the cat tower in a bigger room, preferably one you spend a lot of time in. cats like to watch you, and they like to climb something tall and be able to look out over a wide area
>>
>>945629
masonite
>>
>>945639
Thanks. That makes sense, many thanks good sir
>>
File: Snapchat-1600201319894002040.jpg (932 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1600201319894002040.jpg
932 KB, 1440x2392
>>945638
The little guy has grown on me. He's a fuckin bro besides tearing up my entertainment center and soda in one room

Pic related.
>>
>>945936
Sofa. Autocorrect
>>
>>945936
>exposing a cute tummy
Beta cat detected. That's why he fucked your apartment up and won't take responsibility and do something about it.

Seriously though, duct tape hoops on the areas he likes to scratch and a scratching post next to them.

Wood filler(get the kind that cures hard), sand, and paint. You might even be able to find a filler that somewhat matches the original paint, and since only one portion sanded and painted will look bad it'd be easier just to use filler that kind of matches(which will still look bad). It won't nearly be as noticeable as exposed mdf though.
>>
>>945948
He's lo test prolly. Like 8yo in human years

Ok cool. I'll do that today an pick up a cat tree
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.