[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help? I'm trying to paint my guitar frets but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160212_085244.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160212_085244.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
Can someone help?
I'm trying to paint my guitar frets
but I don't kind of paint to get.
>>
Anything you put on them will chip or wear away. What color are you going for? If you go the refret route i think there's some alloys that are more blue or gold, that's about your options though
>>
>>945512
Your most durable option is anodizing, which will require a refret and will wear out in a few weeks.

Also you're a faggot for wanting to paint your frets.
>>
Da fuq? Do you never perform bends? No paint is gonna hold up to the scraping of the strings and is just gonna look faggy.
>>
>>945512
There is a solution here...

First, you must scallop your frets. Then, you must re-finish the wood with a stain in the color of your choosing. If you so not want to scallop your frets, then you are indeed out of luck.
>>
>>945643
How the fuck is scalloping the fretboard going to solve his dumb idea?
>>
you are so dumb
you are really dumb
for real
>>
>>946840
>necroposting a dead thread to post ebic memes
>>
>>945512
>trying to paint my guitar frets
they're not meant to be painted.
>>
>>946842
Flat black BBQ paint. Cover the whole guitar for best durability.
>>
>painting frets

What the fuck is wrong with you? Stain them instead.
>>
Plastidip the entire neck faggot
>>
>>945512
>>945643
>>947573
Friendly reminder that frets are the metal part and the metal part only. Also OP, just play the thing. You'll regret painting the frets, fretboard, or anything of the like.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.