[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i turn my Galaxy s4 without a battery? Is there any DIY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
How can i turn my Galaxy s4 without a battery?
Is there any DIY to simulate a battery?
when i short-circuit the first 2 pins of the 4 the battery connector has, it reaches the bootloader, but when i try to enter recovery, it reboots.... can anyone help me understand what do i have to do?
>>
When connected to a charger i mean...
>>
>>945265
one of the pins is for a thermistor i believe, so try simulate one
>>
You could try jumping the usb connector to the battery terminals, but an S4 battery is only $12 CAD on ebay.
>>
>>945265
are you powering it with a normal 500 mA charger? it could be that the boot process has some high current step, so by design the phone needs the charger AND battery for at least a few seconds. Apple really liked building laptops that couldn't boot without a battery installed for a few years. try supplying it with at least a few amps?

>>945422
do you think his phone is actually going to measure the resistance? I'd hope he could get away with leaving it either short or open.
>>
Doesn't the s4 have nfc in the battery? That might have something to do with it
>>
> do you think his phone is actually going to measure the resistance?

of course, since that's what it's there for, to detect battery overheating.
>>
>>946879
yeah, but is it sensing for the behavior of an actual thermistor? just a specific resistance? it might only be looking for very high or very low ohms, thats much easier to fake...
>>
>>945265
Why not just buy a battery? Are you building a bomb or something?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.