[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
air conditioner suggestions? here in socal its already into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 3-Coastal-Jalousie-Window-b.jpg (194 KB, 905x288) Image search: [Google]
3-Coastal-Jalousie-Window-b.jpg
194 KB, 905x288
air conditioner suggestions?

here in socal its already into the 80s of degrees. im an island boy so its nbd, but its not even valentines day so im expecting the hottest of hot summers. i need help picking out an air conditioner. i was hoping to keep it around $115 but the problem is i have really retarded windows like pic related.

being three stories high i dont really have any options for securing it nicely outside. anyone got any ideas for what the fuck i can do? i can maybe go up to 200 bucks for the totalness of everything. not looking to invest in a stupid evapration system that will just make it hot AND humid.

anyone ever need to install an AC on a window like this? wat do?

this is my first time on /diy/ as you can guess
>>
>>945169
Are all your windows louver windows?
>>
File: stand up AC.jpg (102 KB, 620x898) Image search: [Google]
stand up AC.jpg
102 KB, 620x898
>>945196
The best thing you can do is get a portable stand up AC, and put it in the window.

Remove the bottom pane of glass and shut the top of them. Hopefully youll find a stand up with the size close enough to fit that you can tape or shim in with insulation foam or whatever
>>
>>945169
You don't have an existing unit already installed OP? And how big of a place are we talking?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.