[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got this idea for a ocd-nightmare clock. Basicly it would be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: clclc.jpg (194 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
clclc.jpg
194 KB, 600x600
Got this idea for a ocd-nightmare clock. Basicly it would be just a regular clock, except that the movement of the seconds hand will be independent - having its movement be complete random mess, slowing down, speeding up, stopping completely, even going backwards, etc.
You would be able to tell the time just fine since the hours and minutes hand would still work normally.

It just want to have the clock look like a fucking mess. How would I go about making it?
>>
>>945152
I've seen something like this before. Having a clock like that would drive me nuts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQUcFBvjM4g

Maybe you can ask the author of that youtube channel.
>>
I have one a college buddy and I made where the second hand goes around the clock twice before a minute passes. It's a cool conversation piece.
>>
>>945152

https://www.tindie.com/products/akafugu/vetinari-clock/
>>
>>945301
Hnnng I need that
>>
>>945301
Doesent that still work in a way where the seconds hand just takes a whole minute to go around still?
You could get much better result if you just had the seconds ahnd independent all togther.
>>
>>945301
>https://www.tindie.com/products/akafugu/vetinari-clock/

Thanks, I'll be sure to mention you in my divorce proceedings.
>>
File: Clock.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Clock.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>945152
>>
>>945152
>You would be able to tell the time just fine since the hours and minutes hand would still work normally.
So long as the movement of the second hand averages out to 1rpm over 60 seconds, you could use a standard clock movement otherwise. THIS is a job for an Arduino; you have it drive the solenoid that actuates the second hand, but do it with a programmed random delay, so long as it's always averaging 1rpm exactly. Keeps perfect time but still will give the impression it's batshit insane.
>>
For the face mix up "normal" and roman numerals. Bonus points for writing the roman numbers wrong.
>>
>>945649
I dislike this a lot and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>945884
>THIS is a job for an Arduino
OR for the simple circuit >>945301 posted.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.