[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bookshelf Project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Hey /diy/, oldfag fa/tg/uy here and I'm thinking of build a smallish bookshelf for muh nerd-tomes.

I've got the dimensions sorted out and I'm not half bad with woodwork, but I'm not theost knowledgeable when it come to the complexities of hardwood furnishings.

My question: Would rabbeting out grooves in the walls of the bookcase with my router be the simplest/most effective way to install the shelves, or is there a better way? I have no idea how its done traditionally but that just seems like the most direct way to me. Thanks for any help/insight you might have!

Pic quasi related: I'm a terrible machinist
>>
>>944827
If you don't need the shelves to move that is an absolutely rock solid way to do it and you should have no qualms about using that technique.
>>
File: 1343849167546.jpg (51 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
1343849167546.jpg
51 KB, 600x448
>>944827
What's wrong with caliperbro?
>>
>>944911
you can only get like .02 at best with most calipers...
>>
>>944917
Even crappy verniers are pretty precise nowadays, not sure about accuracy but they'll give the same value if you measure twice.

But unless i'm working on an engine I don't even bother with a micrometer
>>
My right hand has gotten pretty good at noticing about a thou of play.
>>
>>944931
Is that roughly the amount of movement you have in your foreskin?
>>
OP here

>>944844
Thank you. No movement nessecary so that's perfect.

>>944917
Good ones are accurate to +/-.005. The shit you can buy at the hardware store, not so much.

>>944927
This is accurate information. Pun slightly intended.

Thank you for making my first /diy/ experience a good one, anons.
>>
>>944917
.02 what, bananas?
>>944980
.005 what, bananas?
>>
File: banana.jpg (117 KB, 650x930) Image search: [Google]
banana.jpg
117 KB, 650x930
>>944981
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.