[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plumbing tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Clogged sink and plunger isnt doing anything. Any tips besides drain cleaner or a snake?

Its not draining water at all.
>>
>>944697
>Any tips besides drain cleaner or a snake?
Yes, don't block it in the first place
>>
>>944697
1. Put bucket and towels under sink
2. Using pipe or strap wrench, remove the P-Trap from the drain pipes under the sink.
3. Say "EWWWWWW"
4. Using a stick, snake, thingy or whatchamajob, scrape out the glop from the trap and exposed pipes.
5. Put it all back together.
6. Don't plug up your sink again, cause you know how nasty it is to fix it.
>>
>>944697
Plug up the other side of the sink with a stopper. Plunge clogged sink.
>>
>>944697
Damn nigga I hate to think what you put in that sink that clogged it up so bad that a plunger won't fix it.

Plunger has always worked for me, even after I block up the toilet with massive burrito shits. I'm taking about shits that come out looking like someone made a model of my large intestine. That leave shit marks on the toilet that require super intensive scrubbing, that chemicals won't do shit to.

BTW those Evol burritos are tasty as fuck but they hurt to shit out. Like you got anally ficki ficki'd or something. You don't want to go there.
>>
>>944725
This.
>>9447704
Then this.
>>
>>944704
>3. Say "EWWWWWW"
Crucial step. Literally needs to be preformed every time.
>>
>>944725
Definitely this op.
>>
>>944744
Once I took I gigantic shit and had no plunger. It would have been gross to have to mash up the shit log anyway. So I poured a bunch of drain cleaner stuff on it and let it sit while I went to a movie. My genius plan worked and it melted up some of the shit enough to get it to flush right.
>>
>>944833

Should have blasted it with piss.
>>
>>944866
That's only for shit smudges. Even the strongest of piss flows could not have cut that log in half.
>>
>>944867
What did you eat that caused that?
>>
>>944697
Hydrochloric acid, 25% or 30-ish%, get the water out of there and fill it with 0.5 liter of the acid, half an hour later it'll be gone. Might fuck the pipes or the o-rings, I don't take any responsibility for that, but it WILL clear out whatever is in there guaranteed.
>>
>>945183
My sink was clogged with copper.
I want my money back.
>>
>>945199
*whatever is in there

*only includes organic material and shit you'd normally find in a sink
>>
>>944704
>>944773
This shit. It is the worst smell in there.
>>
File: 1341274825615.jpg (27 KB, 455x463) Image search: [Google]
1341274825615.jpg
27 KB, 455x463
>>945818
>>944773
>>944704

Anyone ever seen a plumber with a thousand yard stare?
>>
I saw some tip if you put a bunch of baking soda down the drain. Wait for an hour for it to dissolve into the water. Then pour a bunch of vinegar down the drain. The chemical reaction forces the drain to unclog.
Never tried it though.
Try it then post results.
>>
You need to plug the drain in the other basin while you use the plunger.

Both drain tubes are joined, if you don't plug the other drain all of the plunger's pressure is just escaping from the drain and not working the clog.
>>
>>944704
>5. Put it all back together.
Be sure to use antisieze if it's metal. You'll thank yourself later.
>>
>>944697
What i did one time

Get a big 3 gallon waterjug. Then make sure that the opening of the jug is slightly smaller than the drain.

You can adjust the width of the jug opening with duct tape.

Fill the jug with water. Then turn it upside down on the drain and press the jug as strong as you need it.

You can generate enough pressure to get rid of 99% of the problems.
>>
>>945921
Yea you just push your problem down the drain, making it harder to reach.

Just do it the right way
>>
>>945183
are you sure you dont want to use H2SO4 or NaOH

Those are far more common to be in drain cleaner.
>>
>>946066
>Those are far more common to be in drain cleaner.
But drain cleaners usually don't work correctly. That was a tip from an old plumber, they used to do that all the time back in the day because it simply works within 30 minutes and it's cheap, but it's illegal now so they can't officially do it anymore.
I did this for a sink that was clogged with hardened oil, fat and pieces of food. It would take nearly an hour for it to drain, properly used drain cleaner didn't work. I let it drain completely and put in the acid, half an hour later it was gone and I just made sure to drain it with lots of eater so the acid isn't as concentrated while it's travelling through the other pipes.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.