[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My electric dryer isn't getting hot enough. It's probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 61.jpg (236 KB, 714x715) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
236 KB, 714x715
My electric dryer isn't getting hot enough. It's probably the heating element, this one is like $25 to replace BUT I have another new HE for a different dryer that does fit and looks almost the same but is a different model number.

How safe would running a different heating element be?
>>
If it gets warm when you first start it up its probably not the heating element. The exhaust vent could be clogged causing the hi limit to cut off the heat. Check that first, turn the dryer on and go outside and check where it blows out. If it's not blowing out strong that's your problem.
>>
>>944641

I cleaned it out about 6 months ago and the vent is spotless, the air push is strong.
>>
Post the model numbers. I'll let you know.
>>
>>944655

it has the one #8565582 in it and shit the other one doesn't have any numbers on it!
>>
>>944655

Found it....

#8565582 current
#279838 possible replacement
>>
They're the same. The original part# 8565582 subs out to the new part #279838. So it will fit and work just fine.
>>
>>944682

I found the wattage is the same, I'll give it a try!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.