[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate accidentally picked up some automatic dishwasher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: CT664171_n1.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
CT664171_n1.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
My roommate accidentally picked up some automatic dishwasher detergent and we don't have a dishwasher.

What else can I use this for? It sucks for handwashing dishes.
>>
One idea I have is it might be good for putting in the washing machine with shit like towels or work rags. I dunno, though.
>>
File: Hipster Fox.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Fox.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>944437

You could likely use it as an all purpose cleaner. Check to see if it contains bleach and if it does avoid mixing it with other shit to poison yourself.
>>
Use for burnouts
>>
cleaning the bong or shisha over night....
>>
Slip 'n Slide
>>
>>944437
You got it from Costco?

Return that shit nigga.
>>
>>944437
it doesn't make bubbly foam so you feel like an idiot swishing stuff around in what looks like plain dirty water. but if you look at the cleaning performance you'll find it's actually ok.
>>
>>944437
I use dishwasher detergent when I need to pre-clean dome seriously dirty shit. Like when you burn something for example in a pot that doesn't get easily removed. Put some of the shit in the pot, add water and boil for a moment. The crud loosens easier.

And get a dishwasher. Washing dishes by hand is for peasants.
>>
>>944544
>get a machine to do it
>don't do it yourself
What board do you think this is?
>>
>>944437
Return it and buy the right product instead.
>>
high pH is good for removing organic dirt: grease, oil etc.
>>
It's great for cleaning grease off chrome on engines etc
Soak your oven shelves or other stainless steel over night in it and hot water to get a nice shine
Blinding your enemies
>>
>>944544

I personally hate washing dishes by hand.

But what I hate even more is having to prewash shit for some shitty dishwasher that hardly ever does the job right.

I'd prefer to do it by hand.
>>
It's basically a low foaming soap.

I have a machine but sometimes wash by hand if there isn't that much or I've something that the machine might harm, I don't mind it as it's sort of relaxing.
>>
>>944437
Awesome for washing cars, really good shit. Kirkland though, so can probably return it
>>
>>944632
>>944498
>>944580
Yeah, I knew I could return it, but Costco is an hour away and I wanted to see if there were other uses. It looks like everything suggested is either not relevant to me or I have better products for the job.
>>
>>944635
Use it like regular dish soap at the same quantity you would in the machine. It works just fine. It has agents that prevent lather and foam to help keep the washing machine from being a large box of soap bubbles. But it works just fine as a cleansing agent.

Personally I HATE dish washing machines. I can do the dishes by hand faster and better than the machine.
>>
It's soap, use it for washing shit. If it has bleach, careful with the clothing.
>>944535
What he said...shit works but the process doesn't make it look worthwhile lol
>>
>>944632
No. Don't use dishwasher detergent, dish soap, etc. to wash your car.

Only use soap made for cars.
>>
Since thread related

Is it possible to make your own dishwasher soap, or is there a cheap alternative? They're like $15 for a box of tabs and i'm tired of paying these ludicrous prices for soap that doesn't get my dishes super clean.
>>
>>944437
donate it to WIC
>>
>>944652
I guess I'll try that. Like a pea sized amount per dish, right? Last time I tried it (several years ago) it was very difficult to rinse off, but I probably was using too much.
>>
i wouldnt wash with it with my hands automatic dischwashers have very high ph it maybe fuck up your skin
>>
Try heating the stuff up with some water, then putting it in some spray bottle.
go at the dishes with it.
After a while I guess just rinse with water
>>
>>945360

Google is a tool, anon.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/7-homemade-dishwasher-detergents.html
>>
>>944652
>>944623
No, no, no, no, no!

Do not listen to these trolls: you will end up seriously injured.

Dishwasher detergent is not actually a detergent: it is a reducing agent, just like oven cleaner, lye, and beer-line cleaner.

Do not get it on your skin: it is designed to make food soluble in water. You are made of food. It will literally take your flesh off.
>>
>>944442
mixing bleach an ammonia makes bath bubbles.. you don't have to avoid EVERYTHING..
>>
>>944601
So get a non-shitty dishwasher.

You may have to move out of the technological backwater that is the USA and to somewhere where white goods actually work, and clockwork is not considered a state-of-the-art controller mechanism.

In a country where appliances have actually moved on since the Cold War, you just throw any uneaten food in the bin, whack all the dishes in the washer, slap a tablet into the doser, and press "go". You don't have to wash anything for it: it does that for you, and calls it a "pre-wash".
>>
>>947765
Son you ever lived in an apartment? You get what you get. And it's always a useless fucking combo water-time wasting box.
>>
>>947768
I live in an apartment.

You don't get this shit here, because nobody would buy the crappy plasticky shit you see in America, with the exposed elements and clockwork timers and top-loading like it's 1973.
>>
>>947734
What a fucking stupid idea.

Borax is a mild alkali, with a ph of around 9.5

Dishwasher detergent is a strong alkali, with a ph of around 12.5

If you're using borax, you're using something literally a thousand times less effective than the proper stuff.

If you're really so cheap that you want to cut your chemical costs (not even the dominant constituent of the wash costs: that'd be the water and the power), just buy a 5l of commercial liquid from any kitchen supplier for less than $10, and dose out five hundred 10ml doses at 2ยข a wash.
>>
>>947765
>lets use more electricity because I'm too lazy to scrape my uneaten food into the trash bin with more then one pass.
>lets buy an over priced sheet metal machine that has shiny black plastic and non-physical buttons and switches that will break in 5 years because the whole button board decides to take a shit.

So, go ahead and tell me what "awesome" first world country you live in? Just so I can stereotype it more with knowing shit heads like yourself live in it... Do you know how fucking retarded you sound? First you clearly state you over cook and WASTE food, then you state you WASTE electricity AND water because essentially you're new fangled dishwasher is running 2 cycles of a generic 100 dollar dishwasher. and just renamed the first cycle "pre-wash".

You tried to sound smart, but you just ended up proving to yourself, out loud. you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>944573
> Not making the machine needed to do it
ISHYDDT
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.