[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Behold the utter nonsense of the capacitor snob. http://www.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gibberish.jpg (195 KB, 1278x715) Image search: [Google]
gibberish.jpg
195 KB, 1278x715
Behold the utter nonsense of the capacitor snob.
http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html
>>
>>944387
> behold, the utter nonsense
> that I am happy to drive web traffic towards.

Fuck off arsehole.
>>
>>944393
are you retarded son? drive web traffic to it? It's bullshit.
>>
>>944394
>hey /diy/ check out this website that no-one has heard of
>The only thing I'm talking about is this website
>this website

Just talking bad about it doesn't change the fact that you're obviously advertising it.
>>
>>944398
>http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html
he's not selling them, he describing them like they are wine or bear.
<These caps have a lean, clinical brightness to them and at the same time lack transparency. A form of artificial clarity is created by means of a treble glare in the top end - at least they don't have a loudness effect. They work well in opening-up a dull, lifeless speaker but that's about it.These caps have a lean, clinical brightness to them and at the same time lack transparency. A form of artificial clarity is created by means of a treble glare in the top end - at least they don't have a loudness effect. They work well in opening-up a dull, lifeless speaker but that's about it.
>>
>>944402
We're talking about the website not the caps you dumbass.

You are an obvious shill.
>>
>Humble Homemade Hifi
>$2000 caps

- whatever else he practises, inbetween extensive & wide ranging tests of each cap for several months (x44 caps) - it certainly isn't irony.
>>
It's funny and saddish because his gibberish is kinda based on not only true but empirically verifiable facts.
I know a bit about capacitors and their uses in higher frequency situations (I'm talking about >10mhz).
I mean, you can actually MEASURE the non linearities and parasitics of capacitors.
It's sad when someone like this guy seems to know something about it and then completely omits to simply ballpark the gains of using these expensive kinds of components in a audio frequency product.
It's bullshit to the limit but I have to admit - the caps look fucking stylish. I'd totally buy some just for the looks if they weren't total scam.
>>
>>944402
>he's not selling them, he describing them like they are wine or bear.
Actually, things like glare, clarity, and brightness are technical terms...that said
>A higher rating does not automatically mean that one capacitor is better than another. A hi-fi system is a very complex sum of many variables, a capacitor is only one part of that total, so depending on implementation things may vary a little. On the other hand you can be assured that capacitor A with a 6 point rating won't "beat" capacitor B with a 10 point rating.

>higher rating doesn't mean better
>higher rating definitely means better

Fuck off with the doublespeak guy. Take a stand.
>>
File: 1320776565029.jpg (8 KB, 262x193) Image search: [Google]
1320776565029.jpg
8 KB, 262x193
>dialectric

Stopped reading there.

Or at least I wish I did. Jesus; I kind of feel bad for this guy if he really did sit down and listen to the same shit over and over again with different capacitors thinking it sounds different.
>>
>>944387
>comparing capacitors
>don't actually measure properties (capacitance, esr etc)
>10% tolerances
>hand soldered leads

fuck
off
>>
>>944404
and you obviously suck dick.
>>
>>944387

I don't get it

why is he comparing capacitors with different capacitance/voltage ratings? I assume he's swapping them into some kind of amp circuit?

>>944393

he's not running ads
>>
>>945361
That's the point, it's all audiophool bullshit. Subjective descriptions with no actual proof and nothing repeatable.

It's the same with describing wine or beer.

Show me some side by side comparisons using oscilloscopes and frequency generators.

describing a capacitor as sounding neutral, bright or whatever means nothing.

it's as bad as oxygen free speaker wire.

There's no difference between oxygen free speaker wire and the sound you get by connecting your speakers with old coat hangers (which someone actually tested).
>>
>>945286
Actually I happen to be doing that right now.

That doesn't make my post any less valid though.
>>
>>945755
sucking dick and surfing 4chan... pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>945772
Oh it was an hour or two ago, sorry couldn't get pics.

Next time I'll check back sooner senpai.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.