[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rubber wheel problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 14626505051511475464557.jpg (653 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
14626505051511475464557.jpg
653 KB, 2688x1520
Trying to put the plastic rim back into this rubber wheel. It's for a wheelchair. Tried to heat up the rubber wheel and force it in but I can't get it back in there, any tips? Is there a machine that does this?
>>
>>989901
Just put it between a vice.
>>
either what that guy said or freeze both components and see if it'll fit
>>
>>989901
Try a large vice and use it to press the hub on, Use WD40 before you attempt to help it slip on easier.

Or you can take a square of plywood place it over the wheel, and with a rubber mallet bang on the plate which will do the same concept as the vice.

Third place a square peice of wood on the floor, place the tire on the board, Place hub on the tire, Place another board over the hub sandwiching it, Then drive over the plank with you car the weight of the car should be enough force to squeeze and press the hub in place.

Again use WD40 for all procedures
>>
>>989901
Also, me and a coworker are looking for some >>989901
way to communicate besides our phone,
Anyone here who can give me some advice on a new Can'tWalky talky?
>>
>>989915
wouldnt it be better to frees the wheel and heat the rubber.. because freezing contracts things and heating expands them. That makes it so the rim is even smaller, and the rubber is even larger.
>>
>>989901
Lube the tire with dish soap and put it on top of the wheel, then run it over (slowly) with a truck.
>>
>>989901
put metal on the white thing
jump onto it
done
>>
>>989936
>OP slips, twists his ankle, and launches the hub into his nuts
>>
>>989936
Reminds me of my dad and his brother trying to break a paving stone (60x60 cm) by his brother standing on one side of the stone with a brick underneath it in the middle, and my dad jumping on the raised part of the stone.
He woke up half an hour later.
Shit was cash
>>
Could take it to a car tire store and ask them to wrench it on for you...
>>
>>989937
Then it's a good thing he has a wheelchair nearby.
>>
>>989917
>using hydrocarbons on rubber
Kreks
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.