[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arduino Parade! :D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 38
File: 1_ardweenodad_hqwefh.jpg (42 KB, 478x257) Image search: [Google]
1_ardweenodad_hqwefh.jpg
42 KB, 478x257
As I have searched sites for electronics stuff, I notice that there is a lot of different arduino unos around.
I got to wondering, "how many kinds are there?" So just for fun, I collected screen shots of what I could remember, or find easily.
Also if you are not yet into arduinos you might wonder how to into? Welp here we are.

What I looked for:
1. arduino uno copies, mainly with the arduino uno style pin headers that would take uno-style shields (even if not fully functional!)
2. hardware layouts: I notice that many different companies re-arrange the pieces when they do uno copies. I don't know why, but they do,,, ?its not like they aren't capable of doing an exact copy?,,, so some of them are noted. Oddly enough,,,,, NO Chinese companies I saw did this with their Mega copies, at all. The Mega copies are sometimes different colors, but always have all the components in the exact same places.
3. additional features, while still being basically a uno copy. There is a lot like this lurking out there in China-land
4. color variations: because why the hell not? its like /fa/ for geeks
5. oddball machines: not really arduino uno copies, but notable anyway

I did not pay so much attention to manufacturers, because you don't always know that. Some pages just give the english-letter initials of the chinese manufacturer's name, or don't say at all.
Most of these are found on Aliexpress, while some are on DealExtreme. And a couple from other sites as noted.

And away we go!!!!
>>
File: ard_001_normal_01.jpg (110 KB, 1106x462) Image search: [Google]
ard_001_normal_01.jpg
110 KB, 1106x462
Our first stop is what I would call "the usual China copy". It is a dark-blue SMD chip copy, with no special features added.
It has a SMD chip and a regular USB plug. (Variations of SMD/DIP chips and USB plugs are common, so I didn't get them all)

Note #1: there is two colors of blue common: a dark navy blue and a blue-green color, but I didn't show the blue-green color.

Note #2: I include the store names if you want to go buy one, but I'm not intending to advertise for the stores. I didn't hunt for the lowest price, so you may find the same thing cheaper elsewhere if you look. I just took a pic of what example I found first.
>>
File: ard_002_two_crystals_01.jpg (96 KB, 1196x426) Image search: [Google]
ard_002_two_crystals_01.jpg
96 KB, 1196x426
The second pic shows a hardware variation: this model has two crystals (the silver oval things).
I think this has something to do with what USB chip they use, but I dunno for sure. Some uno copies have one, some have two and some appear to have none, tho they may have a SMD version that just looks smaller and different.

This model doesn't appear to have any special features.
>>
File: ard_003_sparkfun_redboard_01.jpg (44 KB, 630x277) Image search: [Google]
ard_003_sparkfun_redboard_01.jpg
44 KB, 630x277
Example #3 is the Sparkfun Redboard, on the right. A standard official Arduino Uno DIP is shown on the left (pic taken from Sparkfun's website).
The official Uno costs about $25, and Sparkfun decided to make a copy for about $5 less.
The Sparkfun copy is all SMD parts and uses a different USB chip, but doesn't have any special [functional] features.
>>
Example #4 is two items from Robotdyne.
The board on the left is a SMD chip (the main processor) with a mini-USB plug.
The board on the right is a DIP chip with a full-size USB plug.

The board on the right also has color-coded pin headers. A lot of companies do this, but they don't use consistent colors.

The SMD board on the left has a special feature: two more analog pins, A6 and A7, visible along the back right edge. Normal Unos only have six analog pins, A0 to A5.
>>
File: ard_004_robodyn_dip_01.jpg (78 KB, 1014x486) Image search: [Google]
ard_004_robodyn_dip_01.jpg
78 KB, 1014x486
>>989724
damn fergot pic --- RobotDyne boards
>>
File: ard_005_visduino_01.jpg (75 KB, 1000x524) Image search: [Google]
ard_005_visduino_01.jpg
75 KB, 1000x524
Example #5 is the VISduino.
This appears to be just a circuit board color variation, there are no special features that I could see.
The manufacturer of this board is not clear; different pages selling this board claim different manufacturers.
>>
File: ard_006_uknown_extrastuff_01.jpg (112 KB, 1038x544) Image search: [Google]
ard_006_uknown_extrastuff_01.jpg
112 KB, 1038x544
Example #6 is our first board with notable extra features:
1. there are male pins inside the female pin headers
2. there are two additional buttons, marked "Key_L" and "KEY_H" on the board,
3. there is also two male pins with the same markings as above, nearby,
4. there is an additional header on the board marked "USBASP".
The web page did not give any info on the extra functionality of this board, nor did it state the manufacturer. Only that it was a "Uno R3 compatible".
>>
File: ard_007_waveshare_stm32_01.jpg (77 KB, 1206x498) Image search: [Google]
ard_007_waveshare_stm32_01.jpg
77 KB, 1206x498
Example #7 is made by Waveshare.
Notes:
1. it costs a lot of money, but it includes all the stuff in the picture (the pics were not very good)
2. this is not a atmel CPU, it is a STM32 (32-bit) ARM chip.

It can be considered an Uno clone here, since it has the proper pin headers (the thin yellow row on top, and the blue and red rows on the bottom).

Waveshare makes a bunch of dev boards, with all kinds of processors on them--atmel, arm, CPLD and FPGA. We will run into more of them later.
>>
Example #8 is just a color variation. The board is red, and four different colors are used for the four pin headers.
Other than the coloring, this board doesn't appear to have any special features.

This is another "mystery manufacturer": the web page gave the manufacturer of this board as "gw".
>>
Example #9 is the Sduino.

This appears to be just a normal Uno copy, except that the top of the board says "Made in Italy" while the back says "Made In China". Why they changed one and not the other I'm not sure.
>>
File: ard_010_chduino_01.jpg (78 KB, 936x372) Image search: [Google]
ard_010_chduino_01.jpg
78 KB, 936x372
Example #10 is the Chduino, with one special feature: there are thru-holes inside the female pin headers. They included the male pins but apparently don't put them in for you.

This board uses another different component layout, but otherwise looks normal.
>>
Example #11 is the Landzo.

The page for this claimed that it was "the official Arduino Uno for China market". The pcb silkscreening has most of the text in Chinese instead of English.
It also costs quite a bit more than most other plain-vanilla uno copies, but anyway. I dunno what locals pay for it, that would be interesting to know.
Otherwise it appeared to have no special features.
>>
>>989714
they're all the same. now fuck off.
>>
File: ard_012_selectable_io.jpg (107 KB, 1230x554) Image search: [Google]
ard_012_selectable_io.jpg
107 KB, 1230x554
>>989735
>they're all the same. now fuck off.
your timing is excellent, sir

Example #12 is the INHAOS BUONO. I guess INHAOS is a play on the english words "in-house"...???

This one is another oddball:
1. No USB, only a serial pin header, tho it has the pads for a USB chip (it also has the area for another crystal...? that may be needed for the USB chip I guess)
2. they used a TO-220 regulator instead of a SMD one
3. the I/O pin voltages are selectable by jumper to either 3.3v or 5v
4. it has male IO pins inside the female headers
5. it has holes for the A6 and A7 IO pins
6. there is also three more holes near the center, but the page did not say what those were for
>>
Example #13 is another from Waveshare.

Special features:
1. A switch to change between 3.3 or 5v I/O levels
2. a 3-way switch to change the boot mode*
3. the reset switch is relocated near the DC power plug, and another yellow pin header is where the reset button usually is

The boot mode switch was explained on the page but I don't remember it completely. The page said one way was normal, one way was that it would reboot if any other USB devices were connected on the same hub, and the third setting I forget. Anyway you can go hunt that down yourself if you care.
>>
File: ard_014_landzo_ARM_chip_01.jpg (112 KB, 1210x568) Image search: [Google]
ard_014_landzo_ARM_chip_01.jpg
112 KB, 1210x568
Example #14 is another from Landzo.

[Official] Arduino has had a ARM version of the MEga for a long time--that being the Arduino Due.
Recently they came out with an ARM version of the UNO, that they call the Zero.
This appears to be the Chinese copy of the Zero, that they cleverly named the M0.

I dunno if it has any special features beyond the real Zero, since I dunno what all the official Zero does.
>>
File: ard_015_wemos_d1_v2.jpg (143 KB, 1220x610) Image search: [Google]
ard_015_wemos_d1_v2.jpg
143 KB, 1220x610
Example #15 is the Wemos D1 V2, which is something of an imposter.

The Wemos is built on a ESP8266 module as the processor, and so it also includes Wifi capability. It also has way more memory and runs way faster than a normal Uno chip does.

The reason I say it's an imposter is because the ESP8266 module doesn't really have enough I/O pins to service all the Uno's pins directly. So while you can stick a Uno prototyping shield on there and build off that, many pre-built Uno shields will not work. (also I think the ESP is 3.3v too...)

It has the layout tho so it is included here.
>>
File: ard_016_wemos_d1_v1_maybe.jpg (101 KB, 1212x542) Image search: [Google]
ard_016_wemos_d1_v1_maybe.jpg
101 KB, 1212x542
Example 16 is the first version of the Wemos board. I think.... I'm pretty sure it is.

Wemos made a couple less-than-ideal design choices on the first version, so they came out with version 2 and fixed them. Version 2 is all that the Wemos store sells now, but some places still have V1 boards. Buyer beware...
>>
File: ard_017_waveshare_variation_02.jpg (89 KB, 1194x520) Image search: [Google]
ard_017_waveshare_variation_02.jpg
89 KB, 1194x520
Example #17 is another Waveshare board.

This one is a lot like #13, but two differences:
1. one of the switches is changed to a pin header with jumper
2. the regular I/O pin headers are red, yellow and blue instead of all-black
>>
#18 is the Iteaduino.

This has a couple special features:
1. It has a switch on the board to select I/O volts between 3.3 and 5v.
2. It has male I/O pin holes -outside- of the normal female headers
3. It has a bunch of male pins inside the female headers as well, in groups of 3.

This one may be a major oddball, I didn't find the actual specs and the page didn't say much.
The description mentions controlling servos, and all the analog and digital I/O pins have groups of triple pins.... and RC-style servos normally need two power connections and a PWM connection.
So it MAY BE that this board can deliver PWM on any of the I/O pins.
>>
File: ard_019_dfrobot_blueduino_01.jpg (99 KB, 1336x594) Image search: [Google]
ard_019_dfrobot_blueduino_01.jpg
99 KB, 1336x594
Example #19 is the DFRobot Blueduino.

Two special features:
1. this is a STM32 (32-bit) ARM processor
2. integrated Bluetooth, which seems to be rather unique. I did not see any other Uno copies that went the integrated-Bluetooth route. If you wanted one, here it is.

I got this pic off of the DFRobot site, since the aliexpress page had a lousy drawing.
Also I think DFRobot makes a similarly-colored Uno copy with no special features, but I didn't include it.
>>
File: ard_020_opensmart_01.jpg (103 KB, 810x462) Image search: [Google]
ard_020_opensmart_01.jpg
103 KB, 810x462
Example #20 is from Open-Smart.

This is a pretty tame board, with only three features of note:
1. cheerful colors
2. a second row of holes inside all the IO pins
3. a different component layout. This looks a lot like example #8 but it is not the same.

....And now I'm noticing how often the captcha is asking me to identify store fronts....
>>
File: ard_021_funduino_01.jpg (134 KB, 1180x640) Image search: [Google]
ard_021_funduino_01.jpg
134 KB, 1180x640
Example #21 is the Funduino Uno.

Features of note:
1. Selectable I/O level (3.3v or 5v)
2. groups of triple pins for all the I/O pins (so like the IteadStudio board, this board may be able to do PWM on all the pins).
3. this board has no un-populated holes--all the holes have either a female or a male pin header already in them.

I went googling for info on this board and could not find any.... Annoyingly enough, there is also a plain-vanilla version sold (big USB plug, DIP chip, dark blue) that is also called the Funduino Uno. So we still just don't know.
>>
File: ard_022_keyesstudio_01.jpg (116 KB, 1230x530) Image search: [Google]
ard_022_keyesstudio_01.jpg
116 KB, 1230x530
Example #22 is the KeyesStudio board.

This board only has one special feature--the color variation.
KeyesStudio makes normal (navy-blue) clones of the Uno and Mega, but for a couple dollars more you can get either of them with the racy yellow-on-black scheme shown here.
>>
File: ard_023_keyesstudio_01.jpg (134 KB, 1194x638) Image search: [Google]
ard_023_keyesstudio_01.jpg
134 KB, 1194x638
Example #23 is a copy of #21.

KeyesStudio also sells a board that is a complete copy of the Funduino board shown in post #21.
I have no idea why. It could be that they are the same company, or owned by the same company,,, but the hardware on these boards appears to be 100% identical, yet the KeyesStudio is priced about 1/4th less.
>>
File: ard_024_edison_breakout_01.jpg (117 KB, 1204x482) Image search: [Google]
ard_024_edison_breakout_01.jpg
117 KB, 1204x482
Example #24 is the Intel Edison with the Arduino breakout.

The Edison is a SoC module that costs roughly $50, and most of the extension boards for it cost at least as much as well. It has integrated wifi and bluetooth and nice specs otherwise, but it ends up being rather expensive and overpowered for running Arduino shields on.

It's not really competitive with typical Arduino boards, as it is more of a rpi/lightweight PC thing.
The Arduino board provides the female pin header layout tho, so here it is.
>>
File: ard_025_pcduino_01.jpg (99 KB, 1184x404) Image search: [Google]
ard_025_pcduino_01.jpg
99 KB, 1184x404
Example #25 is another old dog at Sparkfun: the PCDuino.

This is another SoC board, somewhat cheaper than the Edison but less powerful.

For a while it was the smallest board around that would run Android. The Arduino Due (and clones) can do that now, but the PCDuino still has better hardware.

It can physically mount arduino shields, but it's a totally different chip again.
>>
File: STM32F4-DISCOVERY_Board.jpg (279 KB, 2081x1698) Image search: [Google]
STM32F4-DISCOVERY_Board.jpg
279 KB, 2081x1698
>>
File: ard_026_crowduino_01.jpg (116 KB, 1196x572) Image search: [Google]
ard_026_crowduino_01.jpg
116 KB, 1196x572
Example #26 is the Crowduino Uno.

Two main features make it special:
1. selectable I/O voltage (3.3v and 5v)
2. a microSD card dock built right in

Crowduino also makes a Mega clone with the same color scheme, but it appears to have identical hardware to the usual Mega.
>>
File: ard_027_freaduino_01.jpg (78 KB, 878x454) Image search: [Google]
ard_027_freaduino_01.jpg
78 KB, 878x454
Example #27 is the ElecFreaks Freaduino (found on DealExtreme website).

Stuff:
1. selectable I/O level (3.3v/5v)
2. triple pins for the I/O pins again
3. a unique color scheme
>>
File: ard_028_frearduino_01.jpg (76 KB, 768x410) Image search: [Google]
ard_028_frearduino_01.jpg
76 KB, 768x410
Example #28 is the FreArduino board (a different name than #27 above!)

What makes it special:
1. selectable I/O level (3.3v/5v)
2. PCB holes at each of the I/O pins
3. a stark black-on-white color scheme
>>
File: ard_029_mega_on_uno_01.jpg (85 KB, 960x452) Image search: [Google]
ard_029_mega_on_uno_01.jpg
85 KB, 960x452
Example #29 is another oddball: the Iteaduino Mega.

The Iteaduino Mega is a Mega chip on an Uno-sized board.
I dunno what the switch on there does, the page did not say and I didn't track down any further info.
Wierd shit mang
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
File: ard_030_lseeduino_01.jpg (77 KB, 962x390) Image search: [Google]
ard_030_lseeduino_01.jpg
77 KB, 962x390
Example #30 is the Lseeduino.

The Lseeduino looks a LOT like #27, the Freaduino--except with a black PCB instead of white. But if you look, the boards have a different component layout.

The Lseeduino has the same triple I/O pins and has a switch on-board (probably 3.3v/5v, since all the other triple-pin boards have it).
>>
>>989714
MODS
>>
File: ard_031_manduino_01.jpg (75 KB, 930x380) Image search: [Google]
ard_031_manduino_01.jpg
75 KB, 930x380
>>989778
>OP is a faggot
Think you've seen some shit? Think you can take it?

Then step up to the MANDUINO, the Arduino for MEN.
It's got a switch for girly 3.3v, and the 5v setting which is more power for MEN.
And pins all over the shit, out yer ass.
And a button is included too. But with no keycap, because only a girly cunt uses keycaps.
And also a,,,,, a..... a clear thing. With pins to hook it up to power. What does it do? Who gives a fuck, PLUG THAT BITCH IN

The MANDUINO -- no grills allowed
>>
File: ard_032_meeeduino_01.jpg (82 KB, 966x408) Image search: [Google]
ard_032_meeeduino_01.jpg
82 KB, 966x408
Example #32 is the Meeeno Meeeduino (check the pic--I am not making this up)

This board is pretty plain except for one unusual thing: the USB chip. I don't recall seeing any other boards that used the PL2303 chip.

This is the chip that requires 'special' drivers to use. They may have designed this board around the time of the FTDI bricking circus.

Other than that it looks normal.
>>
>>989784
Doesn't even have a FPU you autistic fuck
>>
File: ard_033_INHAOS_01.jpg (119 KB, 1188x558) Image search: [Google]
ard_033_INHAOS_01.jpg
119 KB, 1188x558
Example #33 is the last one I got: the INHAOS Mega mini.

This is a prototyping setup that has the Mega chip on a little (blue) module with a serial (programming) hookup.
It fits onto a blank PCB board that has the basic power circuit there, but nothing else.

If you had to build something for a fee, this would be a way to make it look better than just using a regular Mega I suppose. And it don't cost much. The chip part is $10 and the chip + proto board is $12.50 + shipping....

Note that I only found this one company making these things; I couldn't find anything else similar from anywhere else.

Happy Arduino-ing! :)
>>
File: ard_034_INHAOS_usb_gone.jpg (103 KB, 1188x548) Image search: [Google]
ard_034_INHAOS_usb_gone.jpg
103 KB, 1188x548
A couple more INHAOS boards,,,,

Example #34 (see pic) is like #12, but is different again:
1. It has the whole USB/UART portion of the PCB deleted.
2. It uses a 'normal' power circuit, with no TO-220 regulator.
3. I/O level is still selectable (3.3v / 5v)
4. One thing I missed before is that these INHAOS boards also all have a jumper to select the ground plane to use--either the external power or the USB apparently (on the very corner by the power jack).
>>
File: ard_035_INHAOS_md328d.jpg (112 KB, 1230x524) Image search: [Google]
ard_035_INHAOS_md328d.jpg
112 KB, 1230x524
Example #35 is a whopper: INHAOS makes a processor that substitutes for the ATMega328, but has some enhancements....

1. The processor is named the MD-328D. The main advantage claimed is a more-accurate ADC. The page for the processor alone claims it can do 16-bits, but that may be synthesized since the chip specs only note a 12-bit ADC. I think?,,,,
(-search aliexpress for 'MassDuino MD-328D' for the chip page)
2. no USB again, just serial
3. there's that TO-220 again. WTF?
4. selectable I/O voltage also
>>
When I get to work (frys electronics) I'll snap a pic of the arduino clone we carry. Its got one neat thing I haven't seen on the other boards here.

Keep up the good research, OP!
>>
File: IMG_20160507_170417090.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160507_170417090.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>989873
Ok, here it is. This brand OSEPP manufactures a bunch of arduino clones, some shields, sensors, and other boards (like an FTDI breakout). This one is their uno clone. Overall it appears to be the same as the standard uno, running a proper atmel 328. One interesting thing is the 4 pin i2c header that they added next to the USB port. They have a line of sensors (currently only a line follower, PIR proximity, and some tilt and accelerometer sensors) that you can string together using their special 4pin i2c cable. Theoretically you can add whatever i2c devices you wanted into that chain, but I haven't seen any sort of breakout or anything from them. I doubt it's a really notable change, but I suppose it makes things easier for beginners.
>>
This would be excellent if made into a simple website with filters for different features, price etc.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.