[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long shot /diy/ Where could one possibly go to acquire proprietary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1454556781315.png (337 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454556781315.png
337 KB, 600x600
Long shot /diy/

Where could one possibly go to acquire proprietary grade schematics?

Is my only option to have a "spy" on the side?

Please fuck off with "le google".
>>
>>941866
by designing them yourself or reverse engineering a product by taking it apart and measuring everything.

/thread
>>
>>941866

did you try BING?
>>
What kind of answer are you expecting?
>>
>>941866
"proprietary grade"

whut?

get the service manual for something
>>
File: 1453200443652.png (564 KB, 720x810) Image search: [Google]
1453200443652.png
564 KB, 720x810
>>941869
I guess there is no shortcuts after all
this is the only solution >>941867

General tips for reverse engineering then?
>>
File: small328659331.gif (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
small328659331.gif
61 KB, 500x500
>>941871

I need to build from ground up to eliminate faults. How exactly is service manual gong to help with such a task?

>>941868
if you have anything deeper than that, I'll take it any day.

Back in the days I used to scope source codes. Surely something similar exists?
>>
>>941872
umm. you know how you can watch someone make a paper airoplane and then copy that and make one the same way? basically that.

you learn how to work the materials and then you just make the same cuts in the same kinds of materials. basically make a copy. electrical stuff can be a bit harder. but there are videos about delidding and code extraction of chips and stuff like that on youtube.
>>
>>941874
Depends on what your cloning.
If its something simple you can usually finds schematics for most old electronic gear. You'd get a little booklet explaining what each part of your device was for and how to fix it.
Even up to the 70-80 you could find repair manuals bootlegged on the streets. Now most of this stuff can be found online. You have to go through a ton of datasheets and schematics to get to the good stuff. Most things that exist have been well documented. Chinese stuff sometimes have "scratched" chips. These chips are Chinese knockoffs of a decent chip and than they just sand off any markings.

Also sometimes you'll find smd chips held down by the black glue of cheap china. This is how they just hold down ships for cheap and this is sometimes a bit of a challenge for reverse engineering. Since you cant read off the chip. But with a heat gun you can melt off the plastic and than inspect the chip. most times you wont tho.

Best tip I can give you is to get familiar with what your cloning. Check what parts of the circuit do what. Find similar devices. Most things in electronics can be traced back all the way to the vacuum tube if your tenacious enough.

And once you do all this you can pretty much make your own anything.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.