[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is it to make your own motorized backets for digital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: motion bnr_Ext Flip Out_grey.jpg (177 KB, 851x294) Image search: [Google]
motion bnr_Ext Flip Out_grey.jpg
177 KB, 851x294
How hard is it to make your own motorized backets for digital panels?

I have two ideas for what I want, but I can't actually find the designs that I have in mind for sale.

I want to have a a bracket that can hide behind ceiling panels and fold down then lower to a comfortable viewing height, I can find brackets that do one or the other but not both.

I also want one for a desk that holds three monitors and a tv bracket above that, hooked up so the side monitors can rotate to be flush with the wall, then the tv can swing forward and down so it can be at a lower more comfortable angle for viewing.

Only the ceiling one needs to be motorized though, because the room has 10 foot cielings and I want a way to mount a tv above the bed comfortably, the desk+wall mount would be easily done with just something you could move around by hand, which would make construction simpler.
>>
Why even bother making one, when you can buy a better one? Just go to bestbuy and get one.... Poorfag
>>
>>941856
Because I can't find designs that do what I want? I state that in the second sentence of my post.
>>
>I can find brackets that do one or the other but not both.
find and purchase bracket 'function one'
find and purchase bracket 'function other'
bolt bracket 'function other' to bracket 'function one' = complete new bracket 'function one & the other'

Everthing you are looking for exists, just, join the dots. Motorised platform riser that supports a fold-out bracket is gonna have to be pretty heavy duty/expensive tho, they exist for projectors, but, depending on TV size, you may have to start looking at stuff designed for stage equipment or similar.

could source all this np, but, fucked if I'm doing so - you appear to have sufficient resources to either do so yourself already, or pay someone else to source/customise.

>>941856
>Poorfag
- I doubt that.
>>
>>941856
>I want to get the mounting things for five monitors, and I need one that accounts for my 10 foot cieling
>poorfag

>>941885
Looking at the designs for some of the lift ones, I'm not sure if I could actually mount the weight of them on a folder bracket, though it could probably be done with a bit of welding.

I'm having a hard time finding one for the desk tv though, I need a mount that can slide forward to give me clearance over the monitors, and possibly most of the desk enirely, then be able to lower down to the desk work surface.
>>
File: WP_20160205_17_09_56_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160205_17_09_56_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>941852
Just make your own bed...
>>
>>941852
Well post a scetch of what you have in mind and i'm sure anons will offer advice.
>>
>>941893- folder bracket is mounted to lift, not vice-versa. Lifts go up and down. They will be incredibly un-fucking-happy doing so at an angle, + weight. Nope. Ceiling>lift>folder>TV, that order.
>>
>>941896
I'm not home right now just on my phone but I have a set up like pic related, with a couch a few feet behind the desk, I'd like a thing that I could bring the TV out in front of the monitors sitting on the desk and lower down so it's at a more comfortable viewing angle when you're on the sofa.
>>
File: QuadDisplay05.jpg (59 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
QuadDisplay05.jpg
59 KB, 800x529
>>941921
>forgot pic
>>
>>941852
>Only the ceiling one needs to be motorized though, because the room has 10 foot cielings and I want a way to mount a tv above the bed comfortably
your tv is gonna fall one day and you gonna look like flat stanley
>>
>>943350
I was thinking of one in the footboard, but I don't want a footboard on my bed.

And it wouldn't actually be above my bed, more at the foot of the bed.
>>
>>941895
nice, not a fold out tho
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.