[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this is the right board, but where do I shop for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: img1.jpg (22 KB, 595x121) Image search: [Google]
img1.jpg
22 KB, 595x121
Not sure if this is the right board, but where do I shop for all my /diy/ needs? Specifically, small springs. The local place closed down several years ago and my weak googlefu wants me to buy in bulk.

I'm looking to replace the spring in picrelated with something weaker (it injects too fast as is). Alternatively, I want to make a variable speed autoinjection device, but I don't know where to start. The only one on the market I know of is the LISA, and it's too expensive for me on top of not being compatible with my syringes.
>>
>>941850
you can make your own custom springs with music wire
>>
Make a spring cylinder that has adjustable volume.
>>
>>941850
>Specifically, small springs.

In my experience, this is the hardest kind of thing to find. It's the perfect storm of "good fucking luck" factors: There's no standard, the equipment used to make them is specialized, and they're almost always made-to-order.

Honestly, the "buy some music wire and make your own" tends not to be that bad a suggestion. I keep a couple spools for this purpose, although I keep finding the stuff extremely useful for things here and there, too. The only other practical option is to poke around for spring kits and hope there's one in there that will work.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.