[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
monitor carrying case
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 91wnGv1ly5L._SL1500_.jpg (285 KB, 1500x1403) Image search: [Google]
91wnGv1ly5L._SL1500_.jpg
285 KB, 1500x1403
So I’m looking to make a monitor carrying case and I like this design. I’d just buy this one, but the dimensions are too small for my 27” monitor which is 25 3/4 in by 16 3/8 in, and the reviews all say it falls apart easily.

Currently I just use the boxes it came in, but the Styrofoam and cardboard are beginning to fall apart. It’s also mildly inconvenient.

Mainly I’m looking for suggestions on materials, like something for the front side that will be sturdy and also not scratch the surface. Have any of you ever done anything like this?
>>
Well, look at your own picture. I think it's called neoprene. Polyester canvas? Denim?
>>
>>941510
Just use a low-midweight canvas for the exterior and back it with a felted material.
>>
One of those aluminum cases and just cut a hole for the monitor base?
>>
>>941512
>>941513
yeah i like that. I'm totally cool with doing a something that's double layered. I am certainly concerned about potential jostling in transport.

>>941516
I was thinking about doing that with the cardboard boxes it came in even, but I'm not sure i could make it work.
>>
>>941510

cut a notch for the base out of one of those portfolio cases artists use to haul their shit in?
>>
File: Untitled.png (161 KB, 624x595) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
161 KB, 624x595
Here's my over 9000 hours in paint rendering

I'd do the canvas for the exterior, then get a thin sheet of plastic/plexiglass (even something like those really thin disposable cutting boards would provide a massive amount of protection) that's slightly larger than the screen is, secure that to the canvas, then layer the felt above it/glue felt directly to the harder layer.

(oh, and add some wings to the side to wrap around better, and you can play with the shape of the legs to give coverage.

Add on a velcro loop to secure your cables (or pocket) and handle, and you're good to go.
>>
they're called laptops
>>
here's the one I made for my monitor. it has a soft felted interior and a rubberized exterior. The core is made of foam padding with a score mark at the top to help it fold. Velcro straps at the bottom. I typically lay my monitor flat for transport, rather than rely on a carry handle.
>>
>>941587
i transport my monitor for smash 4 tournaments.

>>941661
how'd you make the material? that looks freaking dope!
>>
>>941726
I bought the material at a fabric store. they have an entire section of rubber/pleather.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.