[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would like to make my own gps tracker, Im used to using pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: garmin.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
garmin.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
I would like to make my own gps tracker, Im used to using pic related, but the distance it can reach is max 2km in the forrest, and i need more distance, I thaugt about i could make something like tracking a phone? over gps? anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>941468
>but the distance it can reach is max 2km in the forrest

? what does this mean? i have a old garmin and it doesn't have any limits
>>
>>941468
after 2km or so i loose signal to the dog, i must go in the car and search the dog, if i come around 2km near him i get his signal again.
it is the same with the gps from my friends
also i use the older model too
>>
>>941506
was meant for you
>>941497
>>
>>941468
You have two options.

1) Up your transmission power, increase your antenna size. I'd play with the antenna before trying to amplify, for obvious reasons.

2) buy a tracker that interfaces with the cellular network. This requires a SIM card and a contract. Here is one model from the dozens sold on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ABLEGRID%C2%AE-RealTime-Tracker-Vehicle-Tracking/dp/B01535CSCE/
>>
>Acquire a phone that works with one of the cell providers that offer free monthly service, the smaller the better
>Acquire otterbox or other waterproof case for phone
>Attach to dog collar/girlfriend's car
>Use tracking app to track dog/cheating girlfriend
>>
>>942017
what do if no signal?
>>
>>942017
>op being in the forest and not a cityfag
>cellular tracking
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.