[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disposable Gas Cylinders.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: disposal.jpg (57 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
disposal.jpg
57 KB, 480x640
Is there anything productive to do with these? Certainly can't refill them but they seem completely sturdy and rather well made to be truly disposable. I have a small pile I've refused to toss of empty propane cylinders of the torch and camping flavor.

My first though was to chop the top off and use it as the internal wall of a can crucible but you can only make so many of those before you have a hoarding problem.
>>
>>941087
>Certainly can't refill them

Refill them anyway?
>>
>>941087

You can refill the propane ones pretty easily.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351249783517?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
>>
Buy an oil filter cutter (big pipe cutter) take off the top, angle grind a shapr out of the side and put a candle in there paint and give as gifts
>>
>>941087
>chop the top off and use it as the internal wall of a can crucible
Shit, that's what I was gonna reccomend.
Not everyone can do that, tho, so you could sell the extras.
>>
>>941095

Holy shit this is perfect. that pos camping burner just got useful
>>
>>941087
How do they sound when you hit them? Some ring rather nicely and can be turned into bells or chimes. The best way to test is to string one up by the threads and tap it with a piece of wood. Though, it really depends on how they are made inside. Some are just dead and others ring very well.

Make sure you fill them with water before cutting them open. That reduces risk of explosion to zero.
>>
>>941114
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Enerco-Mr-Heater-F276172-Propane-Tank-Refill-Adapter/21799898
>>
File: baynet.jpg (37 KB, 225x270) Image search: [Google]
baynet.jpg
37 KB, 225x270
>>941095
I have done this on ones with Lindal valves and pic related. Propane is much higher pressure. I had one can where the top joint unfolded in a hot shed in summer. I do not recommend it for pic related canisters.
>>
Can you put co2 in those?
>>
Cut a door and windows into one and live in it. Tiny houses are the future. The feds will hate you for it but fuck da popo. You're not exercising your second amendment rights if you don't live in a tiny house. Off the grid, that's the way to go. Definitely a tiny house.
>>
>>941095
yeah I refill mine from a 20lb tank and use them for torches
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.