[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw too /sci/ for /diy/ >tfw too /diy/ for /sci/ Anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Kcj7opncq.png (186 KB, 936x590) Image search: [Google]
Kcj7opncq.png
186 KB, 936x590
>tfw too /sci/ for /diy/
>tfw too /diy/ for /sci/
Anyone know this feel? If I post my ideas on /diy/ people complain it's too technical but if I post it on /sci/ they sperg that I havent used the latest theory.
>>
>>940921
>people complain it's too technical
Try posting after fall
>>
File: 1x1=2.gif (19 KB, 1024x311) Image search: [Google]
1x1=2.gif
19 KB, 1024x311
you wouldnt happen to be Terence Howard, the actor, trying to prove that 1x1=2?
>>
>>940932
mfw the line of text directly below that last sentence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Howard#Personal_life
>>
>>940921
Hey dude why don't you spit it out? It can't be that bad can it? I won't complain that it's too technical
>>
>>940921
Just fucking make your threads instead of complaining you pansy.
>>
>>940936
I am trying to make one of these
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-rolling_gyro
Here is a scan of my thoughts on the problem. If this is correct then I will do maths based on it. I want to know what speed I need to spin the disc at in order to get a negligible (less than 1 degree) change in angle at the pivot.
>>
File: My interpretation0003.jpg (283 KB, 1700x2328) Image search: [Google]
My interpretation0003.jpg
283 KB, 1700x2328
>>940936
ffs forgot the scan
>>
>>941057
That would depend on the weight of what ever your doing, more info OP what will be the end thing?
>>
take more time to develop your ideas? that's really the only way to reach a mass audience. i've had the same problem. usually, when told to assume that no one knows what i'm about to say, i tend to do a better job. maybe you should do that too: assume that no one will understand you and do a dumbed down version and then post a technical version of your ideas if asked to elaborate, as something supplementary.
>>
File: 1453266394438.png (683 KB, 1600x981) Image search: [Google]
1453266394438.png
683 KB, 1600x981
>>941058
Wrrrg. That looks hard. I make pretty things with wood and glass. Maybe some of the autists on the /ohm/ general might help?
>>
>>940921
>Too much of a faggot to figure out how to work with people.
No, I don't know that feel because I can adapt.
>>
>>941058
>>941057
>>I want to know what speed I need to spin the disc at in order to get a negligible (less than 1 degree) change in angle at the pivot.
you want it to stay up forever? It's still gonna fall. Maybe you want to fall very slowly? Speed to get whatever rate of change is gonna depend on mass and moment of inertia of the rotor.

You might want to go over the equations of motion for a gyroscope and derive it yourself:
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/aeronautics-and-astronautics/16-07-dynamics-fall-2009/lecture-notes/MIT16_07F09_Lec30.pdf

It seems like you are trying to do everything passively? The anti-rolling gyros used on ships were and are active stabilization devices. The you spin the gryo about it's gimbal to exert a torque about the roll axis of the boat to stabilize it.

Of course if you have just one gyroscope, the torque exerted by it changes direction as the gyroscope is turned so it can torque the boat in different directions. To get torque about only one axes you need two gyroscopes, an example of this is in the link below.

http://www.michaelfarid.com/#!control-moment-gyro-bike/c17ii
>>
>>941058
Write out the equations bro. Don't just talk through it.

Also,
>expecting anything useful out of /sci/
Shiggy
>>
>>941158
Yeah this is what I realized it's not gonna work passively. I've decided to give up and cheat with modern tech. Auto-levelled multirotor.
>>
>>940926
It's winter right now. How much more after fall does it get?
>>
>>941194
Is winter before or after autumn?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.