[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/. I i frequently come around here, watching your fine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Hi /diy/.

I i frequently come around here, watching your fine projects. So it's natural, that i come here now for inspiration, hope you can give me some, because i didn't find something usefull googling it.

I have access to a few dozen older and newer skies, Nordic that is, so narrow and with a significant horizontal curve, a few old (70's) and a lot of newer. I work at a store that sells them, and every now and then, we have to trash some of them for various reasons, and now my boss has ordered me to clean up.

So, can you guys think of some cool things to do with them? they can be cut, adjusted, drilled and possible everything you guys can imagine. They are too curved for shelf, unless you can inspire me to a method, that will keep them straight.

I have thought of cutting one into smaller pieces, and create coat-hangers for example.

I would especially like something for decorating walls, storage and i'm interesting in creative lightning as well. What do you guys think?
>>
>>940642
sell them on ebay and buy something useful
>>
>>940955
Well, that is an option, i don't lack money, however.
>>
Buy some weed, get high and you'll know what you should do
>>
>>940642
Go skiing
>>
File: ballist2.gif (37 KB, 634x480) Image search: [Google]
ballist2.gif
37 KB, 634x480
ballista
>>
Make a kick ass fast sled.
>>
look up "bench made with skis" people sell them for bank, and the springiness makes them pretty comfortable, plus they will last just about forever inside or outside.
>>
>>940642
Put one on the front of a bicycle instead of a wheel using a DIY'd mount and a fat tire on the rear and sell the bicycles to Canadians.
>>
>>942605
Just looked this up.. I'm going to have to pull over and grab all the single skis I see on the side of the road. Fuck.
>>
>>942605
See that one sounds good!
>>
>>940642
Google take-down Ski Bow, fairly simple project.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.