[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any refrigerants that are legal and safe to vent to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (52 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
52 KB, 640x444
Are there any refrigerants that are legal and safe to vent to the atmosphere? I have a dehumidifier manufactured in 2010 that I'm disassembling to gather electronics and other components to start a useful tinkering collection.
>>
carbon dioxide.
>>
>>940447

nobodys going to rat you out, just do it.
>>
>>940447
As a guy who may replace commercial refridge and freezers of all types, I may not ever recover gas. I might break lines and save myself money on tanks and shit.
>>
>>940456
Holy FUCK!
>>
It's r410a. I can vent it, right? Right guys? Ok thanks.
>>
How exactly is your question and the statement that followed related?

Co2 requires high pressure around 900 to 1000psi.

You can get some stuff called 12a or 22a from auto supply stores which works near the same pressure as traditional r12/r134a. I think the stuff is just some mixture of propane butane etc.
>>
>>940460
They put the same shit in open-loop "canned air" canisters. So yeah, go for it.
>>
I decided not to do it. I don't even have a need for it. I looked and I didn't see any sort of test port or otherwise, so how would you even recover the refrigerant in that case?
>>
>>940447
ammonia, r 600, technically anything thats a hfc refrigerant shouldn't kill the ozone...

maybe don't stand around an ammonia system while you vent it... make sure to smoke while venting an r 600 system...
>>
>>940482
Find out it leaked, cut the line based on your assumption. WHOOPS!
>>
>>940482
they make a tool that looks like a vice grip that has a needle that stabs into the tubing, it's got a port to screw a hose to on the other side. also they make ports that you can screw onto it.
>>
>>940447
Some company in california dumped 1.8 million tons of methane into the atmosphere, nothing you do matters.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/california-gas-leak-criminal-charges-1.3431275
>>
>>940460
>r410a
Yes, it's "ecofluor" or whatever. R22 is not ok.
>>
>>940508
Every time a volcano cooks off it produces more greenhouse and toxic gasses every day than all of human history. We aren't as important as we think we are.
>>
>>940453
nope
>>
>>940447
R410a isn't ozone depleting but it is a greenhouse gas. For comparison though something like 400g (avg fridge) of R12 can destroy up to 80 tonnes of ozone
>>
>>940456
>calls EPA
>>
>>940447
you're the same guy asking about discharging capacitors aren't you?

410a isnt the worst. no chlorine. release her to the global recovery tank.
>>
>>940576
Now that's just not true. Why would you lie on this obscure water identification network?
>>
>>940447
Technically no. You can't vent any legally.

There were older units used to use amonia and I actually ran into a new unit recently that used Butane. R600 I believe?
>>
>>940482
Saddle valve. Attach to the factory copper line attached to the compressor. It should be a short crimped line.
>>
threadly reminder you get 25k$ for snitching on someone who vents.
>>
>>941081
*up to.

Realistically you'd probably get $25 and an ass beating for being a cuck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.