[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can i do with this broken smart tv?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 20160201_142250.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160201_142250.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
What can i do with this broken smart tv?
>>
Target practice
>>
>>939698
Buy another of that exact model and make. Keep that one for parts.
>>
There's okay money to be had by selling parts on ebay. Power supplies and main boards for sure
>>
its dead, anon. deceased. RiP.

maybe has a hard drive or something useful/pullable - keeping the rest is more space than its worth, panel replacement prob. cost more than new, throw it already.
>>
>>939698
Buy one more and then throw them both away
>>
Someone explain to my why i cant use the parts to make some sort of Frankenstein's monster tv with another display.
>>
>>940539
>Someone explain to my why i cant use the parts to make some sort of Frankenstein's monster tv with another display.

Because if you had the skills and means to hack up a Frankenstein TV, you wouldnt have to ask this question.
>>
Pull out the boards inside without damaging them. Sell them on ebay to someone who needs them to repair their TV.

Use profits to pay for part of a new TV.
>>
>>940540
It's obvious i don't currently have the ability to do so; but out of curiosity, what would such a process entail?
>>
>>940550
reverse engineering of however the hell the company made it in the first place.
>>
>>939698
Pull the LED strips out of the panel. Make a giant lamp/radio.
>>
>>939706
This.
>>940543
Or this.

Most manufacturers don't even bother to sell parts anymore. The world has changed, and DIY TV repair is a thing of the past. Mostly because of greedy corporatefags making it impossible.

If you can source parts however, you may be in business. Then you just have to figure out what part you need. Someone else will have to help you with that cause I know fuckall about tvs.
>>
>>940572
I work for a repair center, and this isn't true. Parts are quite available, though only for the first couple years, then good luck.

Part PRICE on the otherhand can be quite ridiculous.
>>
>>940539
That said display should be the same make, type, size and resolution to allow the driver to work with it properly and to allow you to put it in the broken tv frame. That could actually be easier than it sounds, get the model number and hit ebay or aliexpress to source a replacement part. It would be a bitch to get delivered tho, and probably very expensive.
>>
>>940587
>first couple years
yeah, I beat its cause of the mandatory 2-year warranty for electrical goods in the US/EU, after that - everything is fucked.
>>
>>939701
This is a really bad idea. Very toxic shit inside there
>>
>>941002
This isnt the 80s grandpa
>>
>>939698
Sell it on ebay, claim transport company fucked it up.
>>
>>940539
The driver board for the panel isn't universal. It's specific. Ones for hobbyists, and repurposing old panels are, but not ones in current production tvs. You would need a panel with the exact same pinout, expecting the exact same signals, voltages etc. Maybe one or two panels contemporary with that one will work, but the choices & supply will be limited to nearly non existent.
>>
>>941002
Same is true for any apple at the grocery store, and yet we're such callous, careless bastards that we let children put them in their mouths! Seriously, there's rat poison in every apple, called arsenic.

Don't sand the fiberglass from the boards and inhale it, don't rub your fingers over the solder points until you cut yourself, and don't lick the capacitors, or touch their leads, and you're fine.
>>
I think your truck got caught in an inter-dimensional time rift. I'm afraid there isn't much to do about it, but it could serve as a really good garbage disposal.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.