[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electrical wiring HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160201_131253.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160201_131253.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
Anybody knows what kind of electrical circuit this is?
>>
>>939674
Not exactly sure but that seems like a power supply of some sorts. Where did you find that circuit?
>>
File: 5438364124_b9c8b1d0e2_m[1].jpg (25 KB, 240x148) Image search: [Google]
5438364124_b9c8b1d0e2_m[1].jpg
25 KB, 240x148
>what kind of potato is this?
- door-coms, alarm, who knows. Try a steady-cam, pull the fuse, see what stops working, or RTFM/instruction sheet bottom left of the mount box.
>>
>>939674
>2 wires in, 2 wires out
At first glance it looks like a low voltage power supply for accent lighting or comm/security equipment. The board reminds me of the power supply I've installed in large fiber converters.
>>
>>939680
This. Also the grey plastic device below the main circuit board might be a set of relays, although I cannot be sure.
>>
>>939690
The grey plastic things on the din rail are terminals. The bit beside it is a din rail mounted relay.

It's a power supply for something.
>>
Thanks all of you, i will check it out again tomorrow and see what happens when i pull the plug
>>
File: IMG_1014.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>939696
Looks like one of those octal base relays, what kind of industrial building you squatting in, op?
>>
>>939674
Industrial. Not a power supply. Maybe have one on board though. Looks like its missing a battery. See the plug hanging on the pcb? Looks like it won't matter if you disconnect last two wires. Everything else seems to have been cut. Left wall is led indicator. I think it was security or fire system.
>>
>>939856
Fire systems are usu. more compact. That stray wire is held down with a sticker there or something, which makes me think it's for an optional part.
It is definitely a power system, also definitely industrial quality. TO-5s, big transformer, caps are dead giveaway.
It's hooked up to a little relay setup at the bottom so it's switching something, maybe
>>
>>939674
better pic pls
>>
>>939674
Yep. From the only pic you provided, looks like a decommissioned something control or security.
High voltage comes in bottom of can, hits the gray terminal blocks, leaves the TB, hits the transformer,and powers the control board and attached siren/alarm/pre-recorded speaker.
Now there used to be low voltage wires coming into the terminal block too, but they were clipped out, so the relay will never fire. Now I can't tell from the pic, the thing mounted on the left of the cabinet is either a status light or override switch.

>Unknowns.
Hard to see where those wire land on the relay and I haven't used that exact ice cube before either, it may be re-wired with a relay further up the high voltage and the whole thing gets energized, relay closes and the widget goes off.
>>
File: 1454342290932.jpg (124 KB, 1069x789) Image search: [Google]
1454342290932.jpg
124 KB, 1069x789
>>939674
power supply and relay board. the main controller board is missing. you can see where they cut the wires and that the short cable that connects the power supply to the controller isn't connected.
>>
i'm going to guess it's used to control a big array of lighting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.