[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got one of these bt recievers to 3.5 for my 1980s car with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: $_35.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
I got one of these bt recievers to 3.5 for my 1980s car with cassette.
It has a small battery that lasts 4 hours and charges in 1.5.
How improbable would it be, that if I hardwired this to a 5v point on my car so it charges 24/7 it wouldn't drain my battery if I drive daily?
On another note I could add a powerbank to it and have the car charge that when powered on.
Another thing I thought of was removing the battery and simply have it power on when I turn on the radio soldering where the battery would be to some 5v point on the radio (probably the backlight or something), in that case I want to program a PIC to do the following:
-On power on wait 2 seconds, press button for 3 seconds, end.
Because every time you want it to turn on you need to press play for 3 seconds.
>>
Pretty trivial except your car is almost certainly 12v. So then you just need a Usb car charger and plug that into your cigarette lighter.
>>
>>939591
Or get this you just plug in a 2 sided 3.5 jack from phone to cassette player. Skip the middleman. No batteries of moving parts. Its the technological revolution apple doesn't want you to know about.
Bluetooth is a technology ahead of it's time. It may be viable when we get decent super capacitor batteries, but for know it's just a shiny thingy too slow to be useful but to cool for school.
>>
>>939612
It's mjust a pain to take my phone out of my pocket and connect the 3.5 jack every time I want music.
Right now I soldered the BT chip to my radio so it actually works, the only problem is battery and turning it on every time.
>>
>>939612
>Skip the middleman.
- cassette-direct-to-car-speakers (as the good Lord of the1980's himself intended) probably be too simple, mind. iPhones/Bluetooth/Voltage Transformaters/PIC programmers/Arduinios/Major Infrastructure Rewiring/Cuddly Toy, all to hear a fucking cassette? Fucks up with you people at all?
>>
File: beograd-grb.png (56 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
beograd-grb.png
56 KB, 550x550
>>939616
2complex420me
I'm an advocate of kiss (keep it simple stupid) if you want to split an atom to get your electrons from point a to point b feel free to do so but I can't help you, sorry.
>>
>>939591
>2016
>cassette tape
>>
File: 1445785949042.jpg (216 KB, 740x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445785949042.jpg
216 KB, 740x1024
>>939622
That's why I'm trying to fix it
>>
I have a cheap external battery that has different ports to charge and to deliver power. Both are USB.

It lets me charge while it's being used but I had to cut away a lot of the rubber on the cables because they are close together.

So I can charge the external battery while it charges the phone's battery. I use it on an old android phone I use as a dedicated GPS. The internal battery sucks and I had the external pack lying around. Now I don't have to shut the phone off overnight to avoid killing the battery.

So I recommend this. Just make sure you have it hooked up to a switching power source so it doesn't kill your battery in the winter.
>>
>>939591
You're complicating this too much for yourself. I've done a similar thing - a bluetooth speaker with a bluetooth receiver that looks like a flashdrive, with no battery. It powers on automatically, there are no switches. It would be easiest for you to return this, buy this usb one and wire it through a 5v adapter.
>>
File: 1445599458747.jpg (51 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1445599458747.jpg
51 KB, 640x1136
>>939660
I don't know wich one would power-on and work before actually having it in my hands. Could you tell me wich one you have?
I bought it on amazon wich is really good with returns. The only thing I'm thinking about sorting out is that it doesn't power on itself when it recieves charge.
>>
bough wrong item, now u wana hook a raspberry pi to turn on ur shit bluetooth receiver gtfo

so hard for some people man
buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Bluetooth-Music-Audio-Stereo-Receiver-for-Car-AUX-IN-Home-Speaker-3-5mm-/141868434353?hash=item21080483b1:g:cogAAOxyNo9SynA3
>>
>>939591
Why not use a dedicated bluetooth casette?

http://www.dx.com/p/bluetooth-cassette-adapter-10067
>>
>>939664
I have a "Quer" bluetooth receiver
>>
>>939684
>step 1. degrade audio quality by transmitting through bluetooth
>step 2. degrade audio quality some more by running it through a tape head

Is it a product for people who hate music?
>>
>>939675
do shitty 3$ ones work exactly the same? no itnerference? same latency?
>>
>>939862
>degrade audio quality by transmitting through bluetooth
Bluetooth doesnt degrade audio quality.
>>
>>939591
The best option you will have is to remove the battery and provide it power directly.
You can easily tap into the radios ignition power.
>>
OP, just buy one of those cheapo cigarette lighter USB things. I have been looking to do the same thing for quite some time now.
>>
>>939900
playing music via bluetooth is not the same as transferring the music file, and yes it does decrease the audio quality quite a bit, check bluetooth specs
>in b4 but i cant notice any difference above 128kbps mp3
>fuck you, you fag
>>
>>939932
>Noticing the differece betweeen 40.000khz FLAC and 128kbps mp3 in a 1980s car's audio setup
>>
>>940145
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>940225
Neither setup is really optimal. Bluetooth wouldn't decrease music quality that much over an cable analog connection. The real question is the tape head "interface". And bear in mind that we're talking about a fucking cassete car stereo in the first place.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.