[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bitcoin mining setup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bit.jpg (23 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
bit.jpg
23 KB, 290x174
I'm thinking about setting up a bitcoin farm at my workplace (free electricity, privacy) starting with a 1000-1500$ budget, anyone has any experience in bit mining? I'd like to know some good equipment/setup for this
>>
>>938589
Would a GPU only set up work?
>>
>bitcoin mining

Just pile up your money in the yard and set it on fire.
>>
>>938591

yes

>>938592

thanks guy
>>
>>938594
He's actually rather correct.

All of the easy shit has been mined. I was reading something a few months ago how some guy paid a ridiculous amount of money to be one of the first to have the first bespoke bitcoin mining processor. I can't imagine how long it would take to recoup 1000 bucks these days...

More importantly, this is one of those things that can get your ass fired.
>>
Didnt bitcoin mining become too difficult around a year ago when there was all that hype? I was going to do it with some of the other currencies, but calculated it would take ages to even cover the costs of the computers (with free electricity too).
>>
You're not going to get any hits on a reasonable home computer set up. Cryptocurrencies use algorithms that increase in complexity exponentially, aka each coin is twice as hard to mine as the one before it. We're at the point where massive banks of multiple supercomputers run by national finance operations are barely getting trickles. Your chances of making anything at all is statistically indistinguishable from zero.
>>
The only money left to be made in Bitcoin mining is selling Bitcoin mining hardware to idiots.

If they could make more money that production and electric cost, they would be using them instead of selling them...
>>
What about

Quantum bitcoin mining
>>
>>938698
Quantum computers aren't ND-Turing Machines, anon.
>>
w8 to see if the classic's hardfork succeeds as it will vastly affect the bitcoins price. Before that, i would not reccomend investing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.