[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 20160127_223243.jpg (664 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160127_223243.jpg
664 KB, 2560x1440
I need a do it yourself way to secure my home. I've been having problems keeping people out. It's a long story why and not important. I have about 10 broken phones which I can disconnect the cameras from the mother boards is as far as I have hot in my ideas. I have access to a sauder gun and lots of different cords and electronics laying around my house. Any ideas on how I can get at least one camera in each room (mine, my 6 month old sons, kitchen, living room, two bathrooms) and make it to where only I gave access. I have a webcam and a desktop i will be using for the livingroom.
>>
If you have money, doable. You would need multiple arduino boards and lots of little things like resisters and capacitors. Realistically? Buy some cameras for the house.
>>
Get a dog, a fence and a shotgun. And grow a pair.
>>
Sounds pervy to me.
>want to watch muh kid change clothes and dickbeat.
>want to watch muh wife cuckold me while I dickbeat.
>want to make sure I'm in complete control of what strangers and senpai are doing in the toilet.
>all while sitting in mom's basement.

Ewww
>>
>>937848
>I've been having problems keeping people out.
change the locks, and lock your doors. cameras aren't going to keep people out.

also
>>937953
>Get a dog, a fence and a shotgun. And grow a pair.
this
>>
Cameras aren't home security. They're something you use to give footage to the police after you have been robbed/raped. Or something you use as a voyeur.

The easiest, most cost effective way to keep people from breaking into your house? A home alarm sign. Go on ebay buy a couple security system signs and some decals. You can do this for like $20.

No burglar is going to chance it.

The next best thing you can do it increase visibility. If 6 of your neighbors can see your front door, people are less likely to kick it down.

Then secure your doors and windows. Lock them when you're not there. Make sure you door is installed correctly and that the locks are actually secured to the studs, not the trim.

If these three things don't work, you live in a really shitty area, and your neighbor is probably the one breaking in. Consider buying an attack dog.
>>
>>937848

>Get a pit bull or Shepard, get a shotgun or AR 15 or glock 17.

>Wait

>Profit
>>
>>937953
This. Wtf is your problem op?
>>
>>937848
>sauder gun

what the hell is a sauder gun? I didnt know furniture makers sold guns too....
>>
>not setting up a shotgun boobytrap
>>
>>937848
pay for a monitored alarm system, or alternately, build one yourself.

you need to know when people are breaking in, so you can call the police right then and have the police catch them.

Paying for a monitored alarm service might sound like a lot of money--but then again, if these people are breaking in regularly, it's not going to take long to catch them. And they may know that the alarm got installed, but they won't have any way to know when you discontinued the alarm service.
>>
>>938055
It's American for "solder gun".
>>
>>938103
No, american for solder gun is solder gun.

>sauder
is retard speak
>>
>>938106
>retard speak
Like I said, American.
>>
Op here. So for starters, I am a single female anon's. So continue to troll, please, it makes my situation feel easier through laughter. Yes my spelling sucks, idc. My dog will be moving in soon, he's a Rottweiler red nosed pit but I gotta get doctors note because I rent. Changing the locks soon. Let me be more specific..
>I want to know who my stalker rapist exboyfriend is making seem like they are my friends and then fucking with me.
>>
>>938145
Just because you may be a chick doesn't mean you can't get a gun. You probably won't be able to get one though since the doctor you need the note from to get the dog is most likely a psychiatrist. Either way if you can't trust anyone don't let anyone in and since you're renting get the landlord to change the locks. Wow that was easy, now stop playing the victim and get on with your shitty ass life. I love paying taxes so retards like you can get my money and do drugs, have tons of dangerous animals and fuck all day.
>>
File: disagebadge.jpg (53 KB, 388x257) Image search: [Google]
disagebadge.jpg
53 KB, 388x257
>>938145
so you need to root out a mole among your friends? This is done through the spread of disinformation. Give different stories to each of your suspects and see which one(s) comes back to you through the stalker.

troll
i thought femanons were supposed to be gud at this kind of thing...
/troll
>>
>>938145
So, how many people do you have as friends on facebook/instagram/twitter/whatever?

Do you actually know who all of these people are? Do you pay attention to what you're putting out on there? What are your privacy settings? You could be your own mole...
>>
>>938145

Locksmith here.

Who the fuck has keys to your apartment besides you? File a police report and show that to your apartment's maintenance complex. They'll rekey your apartment. Even if it's not a patent-protected keyway (most complexes use the standard KW1 or SC1/4 keyway), rekeying means old keys no work, new key(s) only.

Cameras, at best, are a deterrent. They rarely deter.

You should focus on getting that dog inside and make your apartment appear occupied when you are not there. The UNC-Charlotte study on burglars from 2008? 2009? showed that a home being occupied was the biggest deterrent to would be burglars - it topped out even seeing a police officer in the area. Dogs were also high on the list. Cameras did nothing and alarm systems, even if detected prior to entry, were not that big of a deal. Most respondents to the survey indicated that they didn't care and, if they did, some even made an attempt to silence them.

So, change your locks, get the dog, and find a way to make the place seem occupied when you're not home.
>>
>>938118
What happened to you that you're so butt blasted? Did a refugee rape your sis and mum or what?
>>
>>938106
> retard speak
You mean like how you faggots can say "colder" correctly but not "solder"?
>>
>>939067
Thank you. Locks are being changed this week.
>>939056
Shit I feel dumb. The most simplest form of troll. I need to get back to my roots.
>>
>>939061
Thats one thing i was told to do. I only use Facebook. Getting my picture off from public websites is a bitch. He's in jail right now and I'm trying to close down any form of stalking possible while he's locked up. Weed out the friends, lock down my house, and hope he follows the restraining order, I am a felon but I have a male friend sleeping in my living room for a few weeks. I can finally sleep at night.
>>
>>938003
No body steals anything. That's the part fucking with my head.
>>
>>937848
Why is anyone getting into your place at all? Why you let them?
>>
>>940124
To make a complicated story short, I found out my baby's dad molested his other son, in trying to kick him out of my life he had stolen my keys, made a copy.
>>
>>937848
>problems keeping people out
cameras are only gonna mean you'll have pretty pictures of them WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY INSIDE...
Put them on the outside, if cameras are your best idea.
Alternatively, you could find out how they're getting in, which should be obvious, and make those areas more secure, deadbolt doors and windows.
Also, if you being a cheap fuck about it buy a dummy security alarm and put it outside your house. But that won't stop a determined crackhead.

Also, why if in america, just wait for one of these fuckers to come in and beat him to death with a baseball bat, get it in the newspaper, and put a copy of the article on every external wall of the house.
>>
>>940744
^my post.

after reading more of your story, I'd refine my advice to using deadbolts.

Also, if you have a laptop you could try and find software that acts as a motion detector, I have a "logitech webcam 200" super cheap piece of shit that has built in motion capture functionality, that I used for reasons a few years ago, still use it for skype.

You could point the cam at an un-deadbolted door.
>>
If you want a pic of the person you could just get one of those motion activated trail cams off Amazon. And set it up somewhere
>>
File: WIRELESS_NAT_KILLS_DDNS.png (201 KB, 560x540) Image search: [Google]
WIRELESS_NAT_KILLS_DDNS.png
201 KB, 560x540
If you have an Android smartphone laying around, I found a way to make accessible from the Internet sites you host on your Android smartphone on port 8080, using the 3g/4g or LTE network. You could host anything on an Android webserver Even stream your camera to the internets and it shows up as a subdomain on the Internets.
>>
OP is a pervy basement dweller wanting to spy on his mum and/or sisters in the bathroom.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.