[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat Suit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: fatsuit.jpg (103 KB, 793x592) Image search: [Google]
fatsuit.jpg
103 KB, 793x592
Evening, /tg/. I'm going to be making a small fat suit that'll go under clothes, only a small belly and lovehandles. But it needs to be convincingly realistic in weight, firmness, and jiggle, since people will be seeing it up close, and possibly touching it.

I'll likely make the form for the belly out of two t-shirts stitched together, with straps on the back to hold the front tight to the body. Maybe some other shapes to adjust and smooth things out.

What I'm really stuck on is what to use for the stuffing. I'll likely use rice while figuring out where to sew and adjusting it, since it has the right weight. But it has no give or jiggle. Foam and stuffing have no weight.

What I need is some sort of gel substance, but I'm drawing a blank. It needs to not release any liquid or oil into the fabric, at least after the initial "pour". Waterproofing the fabric with a plastic lining would likely create an audible 'crinkle', and I don't know of any other way to completely and reliably seal it. Otherwise, I already have some Soilmoist, which would be perfect.
Gelatin has to be refrigerated, and spoils. I'm experimenting with various cornstarch/borax recipes, and there's some promise, but they might release too much liquid, and they might harden as they dry out.
Silicone seems to be my best bet, and will likely last indefinitely. But any method I know of will set me back at least $30, can't be redone, likely won't have enough jiggle, and might ruin the form and make me start over. I'm going to experiment with some silicone/acrylic caulking sealant soon, but I want to make sure I've considered all my avenues before I invest any more in something I'm not getting monetarily compensated for.

I'd really appreciate any ideas. Pic is a vague plan for the stitching, and a pic given to me as a specification.
>>
>>937718
>>>/tg/
>>
>>937727

Evidently I subconsciously meant to ask a bunch of fa/tg/uys how to pretend to be fat.
>>
>>937737
Maybe he meant cgl?
>>
>>937718
Why would anybody touch it? I just don't understand that.

Are there a lot of people out there who just like to touch strangers? In particular, they like to touch the fat on fat strangers?
>>
>>937750

He's being purposefully squirrelly about the details. Seems to be some sort of prank that'll involve drawing attention to it. And I'm evidently the only friend he has that knows how to sew at all.

Also, I'm guessing you aren't american.
>>
>>937718
Why
>>
>>937718
make ballistics gel
>>
>>937845
Came here to say this but I just looked into it and looks like it melts at body temp
>>
>>937753
>>937807
>>937750

Maybe he wants to make a cavity inside it for shoplifting purposes
>>
Bacon.

When it spoils, everyone will be disgusted by you.

2 birds, 1 stone.
>>
>>937845
>>937854
There are ways to make it with starch instead of gluten, which I'm experimenting with now.
The ~25% cornstarch samples I've made last night and left out to dry are leaking minimal water into cloth, and are becoming accurately jiggly. This seems to be promising, but I'll have to test higher concentrations, and leave them to dry for several days at least. Are there liquids other than water that would have different effects? What about oils? there are lots of recipes for homemade silly putty and gak, and I'll be trying out several today.

>>937889
He would have specified so. Even if that wasn't a poor and overcomplicated plan to shoplift, it would be easier to implement. Just paint on layers of some sort of rubber over the rice-stuffed fabric, until it holds its shape when you empty out the rice.

>>937999
Bacon is too expensive in that amount. Otherwise, I see nothing whatsoever wrong with this idea.
>>
I made some excellent fake tits long time ago. I used the stuff from inside those plastic bags that you freeze and use in your cooler without everything getting wet. It's a lumpy jelly not much different than warm food jelly but more squishy than jello.

You could go with a layer of it right under your shirt, if someone bumps or pokes you it will fill real.

For the exterior i made a plaster mold and painted liquid latex in about 5 or 6 layers. After that, filled it with gel, covered with a single layer of saran wrap, then painted over it with latex about 10 coats.
>>
How about ballistic gel in some sort cloth bag?
>>
>>938916

I actually bought one of those freezer bags, and the inside(of that brand, at least) was a waterlogged synthetic mush. Seemingly the same stuff as Soilmoist, which are small pellets that absorb water until they swell up ten times their size, and have the consistency of jello. But they're meant to leak water, so they can't be used inside fabric.
Liquid latex is something I've been considering. Could just make the form using rice, coat with something to make sure it doesn't stick, then paint the outside. But making the inner lining would be the tricky part. Might be possible to paint the inside half as well, then connect the two at the seams with a bit of latex-based glue, followed by more latex layers?
Gonna have to do some research on liquid latex now.

>>938923
Ballistic gel is made to be disposable/remeltable, so it isn't made out of anything synthetic. Just plain old gelatin. Decoagulates at room temperature, releases moisture, and eventually spoils.
>>
>>937889
Concealed carry. He anticipates getting frisked.
>>
>>939020

Again, he would have specified. It would be a different process to make, and the straps around the back will make it difficult to slip something behind.

Although, after the amount of bullshit I'm going through, if he takes it and slits a hole in it, I am going to cut off his asscheeks and use those for stuffing, oil leakage be damned.
>>
>>939029
>he would have specified

How long have you been on this board exactly?

There's more autism here than you think.
>>
>>937718
Why not a strong plastic bag filled with hairgel. You can then put the rice in the hairgel.
>>
>>939159

Again, plastic will likely "crinkle" audibly when touched or when moving.

That said, I've been considering that route. If I could find the right material and the right way of bonding the seams, I could copy the plans from the fabric after I've tested it with rice. I have been experimenting with bonding plastic seams, and it's actually looking great. I previously gave up on that after I tried it with a clothes iron, which left a lot of tiny gaps in the seam. But by using a soldering iron instead, I'm able to get really clean seams that don't seem to have any leaks at all, at least under normal water pressure.

I still would like to add some extra security by a thin bead of some sort of glue. Are there any good glues that will bond securely to smooth plastic, without melting it?
>>
File: url.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
I got yur fat suit right here.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.