[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
asked in another thread yesterday but nobody answered so lets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: 1451422095309.gif (2 MB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
1451422095309.gif
2 MB, 410x396
asked in another thread yesterday but nobody answered so lets try this again,

I don't know much about electronics.
I'm curious about t8 ledtubes and have aquired 3.
I have a cable with wich I can hook one of the lamps straight to a multisocket.
is there a cable with wich I can connect a further tube to the first one , so both work, or do I have to feed the second one back into the socket.

also, is there a cable equivalent that I can use to hook one up to the cables that come from the wall , like I would normaly hook up a lamp ( sorry for the weird way of saying this, german here) is it maybe a g13 socket ?
>>
>>937495
There are two different types of LED tubes:

Ones that behave like a fluorescent bulb, so you can just put them in tube fittings and they work

Ones that just look like fluorescent tubes so they fit in tube fittings but you have to wire the bulb fitting straight to the mains, without any of the fluorescent ballast.

It sounds like your tubes are the second type, which means you can run a second bulb's mains lead from either end of the first bulb's mains lead, and so-on. This is called connecting them in "parallel".

There'll be terminals inside the tube fitting for you to do this; just use proper mains lead and match the colours. If your fittings have a green/yellow earth wire, you need to connect this all the way back to the wall too, for safety.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.