[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A pen exploded in my backpack a while ago (about 6 years ago)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Dress-Shirt-with-Ink-Stain.jpg (452 KB, 615x399) Image search: [Google]
Dress-Shirt-with-Ink-Stain.jpg
452 KB, 615x399
A pen exploded in my backpack a while ago (about 6 years ago) and it is high time I clean it. How can I get the stain to not bleed? I don't actually care about the stain, I just don't want it to rub off on anything.

Complications are the fact that it exploded in the tiny pockets in the front pouch so I can barely fit my fingers in there to scrub it.

So far I have put a lot of laundry stain remover and run it through the the laundry like 10x. Now it doesn't bleed unless I put stain remover on it and let it soak for a few minutes and try rubbing with a paper towel.

Thoughts?
>>
Use alcohol.

Stop bleeding with cotton rags.

Idealy stack several rags below. get wet with alcohol, place more rags on top, set heavy weight on top. Cotton rags will absorb now liquid ink.

Run through washer to get the rest out.
>>
>>936659
Soak that shut in a ton of rubbing alcohol for awhile and then do what the guy above me said
>>
>>936659
At tell us what type of pen and ink it was.
>>
>>936674
>>936770
Thanks, I soaked some paper towels in isopropyl and it soaked up a bunch of the ink. I will try it a few more times, it seems to work a lot better than the actual laundry stain remover I used previously.

>>936818
Some random ball point, idk it was 6 years ago.
>>
This tells me you havent washed a piece of clothing in 6 years. Let the mold fuck it up.
>>
>>938099
>backpack
>clothing
>>
OP here. After soaking/rubbing it with alcohol a few times and running it through the washer twice, I can't get the ink to bleed onto a paper towel at all without using more alcohol so I'm calling it a victory.

Thanks guys.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.