[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY tattoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Gonna do pic related
At home with a guitar string and sharpie ink, any tips?

>Inb4
>Ink poisoning
>Hiv
>Enjoy working at mc D
>>
Be sure to update us once you've recovered. Assuming you're still capable of typing.
>>
>>936539

who the hell cares
>>
>with a guitar string
..suspect a tattoo machine be cheaper nowadays.

reply as at least tattoo spellt correctly, &sage for general retard-ness.
>>
>>936539
What's it like working at (generic scumbag job)?
No seriously, nobody with common sense would do this. You're looking at 20-50 bucks at a tattoo shop. Are you really that poor? Because there's only one other reason I can think of that you wouldn't go to a tattoo parlor, you underage faggot.
>>
>>936594
Most shops have a $80 minimum
>>
>ITT: people taking shit far too seriously

Why do people reply to this shit only to condemn it? Ignore it and it goes away.
>>
>>936594
50$ where do you get your tattoos?Fucking Tiffany's?
Any half-decent shop will get an apprentice to do this cheaper than said guitar string and ink. ~10$
And you can't get metal string in singles anymore, and the cheapest set of MXRs is like 7$. And even those are covered in a thin layer of nickel and/or chrome. Both toxic.
So yeah OP post result.
>>
>>936599
>op asks for tips
>'don't do it' is the best tip he could receive
>DONT DO WHAT OP SED GUISE
Go cry to someone else.
>>
>>936600
I have none. I aimed high on purpose. Even at 50$, I would still pay a professional, however. But then again, I'd never be retarded enough to permanently and intentionally scar my body. I earn over 10$ an hour, you see.
>>
>>936601
>I'm gonna do X, Y and Z
>tips plz
It's bait you fucking nigger
>>
>>936599
been awhile since the last 'bad idea tattoos' thread, tbf. Apropos, once knew a girl who worked McD's - show up 30 mins before they closed? she'd free-vend us industrial quantites of shit, like, mountains of it. That got old real quick as well.
>>
>>936539
Buy real ink and tattoo needles on amazon for 25 bucks and make it not so stupid. Use a lot of 99 or 95 percent rubbing alcohol
>>
>>936539
inb4 OP can't draw for shit
>>
>>936602
>tfw have a home made tattoo on my hand and still make about 45 dollars an hour

being in the trades is pretty cool
>>
>>937132
>being in the trades is pretty cool

Yeah, inconsistent hours, slow times and impending layoffs, and the wear and tear on your one and only body.
Trades are GREAT!

Not everyone can get a real education.
>>
>>936606
I think he means if he went to her branch of McD just before closing time she'd give them free food to the extent that it became tedious.
>>
>>937140
Best watch your tongue 'round these parts with that city slicker talk, boy.
>>
>>937140
Depends on your trade. My pipewelderbro is close to a millionaire and he's about forty years old. Pays cash for everything, has zero debt, and his farm is paid for too. His wife fits for him so they both make mad bank and only work about half of each year.

Fucker can TIG a cat's ass to a plate glass window, and when they are home he makes bank stretching and shortening big truck frames for agricultural, dump bed and equipment conversions.
>>
>>937140
Ever heard of a union?
Or wait how about this one not all trade jobs destroy your body? I mean seriously its like you think the only viable trade skill job is underwater wielding or some shit
>>
>>937140
>inconsistent hours, slow times and impending layoffs, and the wear and tear on your one and only body
>I'm a fucking retard that doesn't know what the good trades are.
Literally the only thing I have to worry about is to make sure I get a fullbody X-ray before I get stuck in an MRI machine.
>>
>>936539
Sharpie ink won't stay in your skin. Get some hobby quality india ink.
And as some other anon said, get some real tattoo needles off Amazon. Shit's pretty inexpensive.
>>
File: flash bee.jpg (684 KB, 1000x671) Image search: [Google]
flash bee.jpg
684 KB, 1000x671
I've been planning to do my own stick and poke tattoos. I'm waiting for my stencil paper to arrive Monday before I begin though.
As stated before; order ink and needles from Amazon. (pretty cheap)
You'll also want to be as sanitary as possible (Green Soap, disposable gloves, disposable razors, napkins and Aquaphor or A&D.)
I've been watching tutorials for about a week now and not once have I seen guitar strings or Sharpie ink mentioned. Just doesn't sound like a good idea.
>>
>>938172
guitar strings are quite popular for home tattoo's. It's pointless though as you can get a machine on ebay for next to nothing.
Tattooing yourself is fucking stupid though. Not only will it look like shit, but the risk of infection is high.
>>
File: IMG_20160129_212208.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160129_212208.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I did this poke and stick myself a few years ago and it looks like this, and that was with a needle, not guitar string. Just wait and get a pro bro.
>>
>>936598
$80 is a small price to pay for the reduced chance of Hep - C, infection, and the greater potential for a higher quality end-result.
>>
File: Wielding.png (216 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Wielding.png
216 KB, 500x347
>>937432
>underwater wielding
kek

But seriously this guy gets it
>>
>>938165

See

>>936539
When you're done
>>
dont use sharpie ink jesus christ.

at least google what you are doing lad
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.