[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so ihave this Kenmore top load washing machine. is not s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1280x716
Ok, so ihave this Kenmore top load washing machine. is not spinning, google said it was the motor couple, checked that and is good, nothing seem broken, I am going to change it anyways,

What else can be? the motor sound identical as this video. in the beggining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHoAjOmHDU
>>
Could it be the dog agitators? checking other options in google.
>>
did you jiggle the cable?
>>
>>936074
1. Take out tub
b. Line inside of washer with magnets polarized north
Three: Line tub with southernly polarized magnets
iv. Reassemble, and give the tub a slight spin
Cinqo. Washer will continue to spin as needed

BONUS: buy a taser to invert the polariaty as need be.
>>
>>936074
Did you actually take the part out and inspect it?
Is the motor actually kicking on when its supposed to be in spin?
Do the other cycles seem to work?
>>
>>936108
yes I actually took it apart, the motor is kicking in, now is not even washing, I took out the agitator and it moves a little when washing, if I move the the tub it starts moving better.

I think it may be the motor, it smells a little bit like something electric is getting hot.
>>
if you can move the agitator in either direction while not in use it's most likely a coupling issue. If it still runs or stops in the middle making horrible noises/smells it's mostly the drive shaft. If you can get to the motor simple enough, give it a shot.
Best case -coupling
Worst case - drive shaft.
BUT if it's simple enough to get to. Not in a freakin closet like mine. It'll only take a couple hrs to replace the drive shaft
>>
Sounds like the brake or clutch is sticking. Worst case is the gearbox.
>>
>>937319
Apparently is the gearbox, I took it to the repairman yesterday, is going to bee $500... Mexican pesos invluding parts and labor, thats less than 30 usd. I wanted to do it muself but cant find the parts that cheap, and he is using used parts so no /diy/ing for me
>>
>>936074
It's the wigwag
>>
>>937497
$500 is a lot. Just get a new one? You can get a fine top-loader for around that. Maytag is supposed to be good.
>>
>>937796
He said $500 Mexican Pesos, that's less than $50 American dollars.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.