[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dual hose A/C conversion (reboot)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160123_112833~01~01.jpg (867 KB, 1813x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_112833~01~01.jpg
867 KB, 1813x2560
So I accidentally let the old thread die. Anyway, I'm about halfway through this project now and this is the second test build, the first test build with one intake fan couldn't push enough air through the 100mm hose to cool the condenser. Now I've added an extra fan connected both into a 150mm hose, this set up theoretically delivers 890 cfm, although it could be more or less due to flow restrictions or the suction provided by the A/C unit.

If this build provides the cooling I want the next step is to work on streamlining it and making it tidy.

I'll add more details if anyone is actually interested.
>>
I have a single hose unit as well and was thinking of doing something similar. I'm definitely interested in more info and project updates.
>>
>>934305
>150mm hose
>890 cfm
pick one

you'd need 14" duct to move anywhere near 900cfm, with that 6" flex dryer duct your closer to 100cfm

Is the point of this train wreck to keep your rack mounted whatever cool? If so why dont you make an enclosure for the rack, and run chilled air through there, and put large box fans in the window to cycle the room air and keep the a/c happy
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.