[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /diy/ I admit, I've never posted here, and barely lurked,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: emow_by_kangertech_-9.jpg (73 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
emow_by_kangertech_-9.jpg
73 KB, 1000x1000
Ok /diy/
I admit, I've never posted here, and barely lurked, so if this thread isn't cool go ahead and ignore or delete, I don't mind
I got this vape and I really like it's look, but damn the thing is unstable and if I leave it standing up it'll probably get knocked over.
I'm pretty crafty, made a lot of at home solutions to thing, but I can't think of how to make a stand or way to stabilize it without making it look dumb.
So far my thoughts are rubber bands around the very bottom (ugly) or maybe some sticky tac in three little circles on the bottom, but I was hoping for some other ideas.
There is a usb plug at the very bottom, so if it's charging there's that to deal with.
>>
You could build a wooden base pretty easily if you can access a lathe.
>>
>>934304
>without making it look dumb.
It's a vape, you're already at peak.

Just lie the fucking thing down.
>>
>>934304
How would an elastic band keep it upright?
Why don't you stick it up your fucking asshole you dumb fucking vapefags are the worst of the worst I would rather have everyone in the whole world smoke real cigarettes and blow the smoke directly into my eyes and mouth than have to see or hear from one of you fucking idiot douchebag cunts ever again.
God I really hope vaping is deadly and they just decided not to say anything to get rid of scumbag hipster trash retards.
>>
>>934304
You can build a small base for it. I'm thinking basically just a small cup full of corn starch with a baloon pulled over the top, kinda of like a flesh light. You push the vaporizer down in to the cup, and it stands straight up.

My other idea is to build a base that plugs in to the USB slot. Get an old USB device or cabel and tear it apart. Pull out the card edge connector ir shell that would plug in to the USB slot on the ecig, then fix that card edge on to a flat plate of some kind. I guess just use epoxy or whatever to get it to stand up straight. Now you can leave the base on the table and push the vaporizer on to the USB plug when you want it to stand up straight. As long as the dummy USB plug isn't connected to anything, no problems.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1242x1627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1242x1627
>>934304
Get on my level
>>
File: 7368476234.jpg (39 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
7368476234.jpg
39 KB, 800x533
Just google Vape Stand or something
>>
File: Vape mod.jpg (17 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
Vape mod.jpg
17 KB, 819x460
Ok OP, while I do think >>934326 nailed it, I do have a solution that I feel would look sharp with the vapes you posted. You need an inch or two of aluminum pipe with an inside diameter just big enough to fit around the base of your vape. Bevel a half inch or so of the pipe and then put a nice brushed aluminum finish on it (Google how to do it well, getting a good looking finish on aluminum is pretty easy). Put some sort of clear coat on it to keep it from getting scratched up easily, then use JB wield or some other epoxy glue to attach it to the vape. This should look good, make the base a little heavier and wider by about a quarter inch without interfering with the charging or disassembly of the rest of the vape.
>>
>>934683
Crap, I meant to say >>934327 nailed it not >>934326
>>
Wood might be simplest. If you have no lathe just get a piece of wood make it somewhat round with any fucking cutting tool. Put a screw into it, put it on drill and sand it till round. You can use a damn battery drill for that. After that just make a hole so that your vape can fit. Sure it's not perfect but it beats a god damn rubber band.
>>
>>934467
Get on your level? Your using a subtank for christs sake. faggot
>>
>>
>>935857
>kennedy
EVEN WORSE
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.