[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
humidity and terrariums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: WP_20160121_14_34_30_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160121_14_34_30_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
So I have this terrarium I need to keep at at least %95 humidity. Problem is I also need to keep a good amount of air exchange going on. What's the best way to get the humidity to stay up?
>>
File: WP_20160121_14_34_48_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160121_14_34_48_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>934004
I have an air pump putting air through an air stone in a mason jar. This is helping with humidity and oxygen but not much. I also have a humidifier putting some amount of humid air into the chamber from a whole in the bottom. I'm not too familiar with humidifiers but this one seems to not be working too well. I bought it second hand for $4. I guess you get what you pay for.
>>
Will the addition of perlite help or should I just go buy a $50 terrarium humidifier?
>>
Get a new bin

Drill 1 inch holes on each side

stuff with polyfill

Use a fan that has indirect air flow on the box.
>>
>>934018
and mist the sides of the terrarium
>>
>>934008
You need an ultrasonic humidifier. You got one that works by using a fan and a sponge.

I had a terrarium at 90-95% humidity, and using an ultrasonic humidifier I actually had to filter the humidity input because it was sending too much water in to the box. You can make a simple filter to reduce the water/air ratio by just piping it through a glass jar first, where some of the water will collect.
>>
>>934005

Hehe spawning a couple tubs? Are they fully colonized?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.