[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IPOD CLASSIC COMPLETELY DEAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: iPod-dead.jpg (50 KB, 602x800) Image search: [Google]
iPod-dead.jpg
50 KB, 602x800
Well, my Ipod Classic simply does not turn on anymore. I already tried everything I've had read on google. Asked a tech support's guy and he told me something inside the Ipod must be disconnected. Anyway, I want to open it therefore I don't have any proper tool. Do you guys suggest anything?
>>
>>933784
I suggest you google how to open an Ipod classic.

Most likely though, whatever you do to repair it will be require a lot more effort (time/money/value) than just buying a new mp3 player like a sansa clip+ or using your smartphone.
>>
>>933784
Did you make that image specially?
>>
>>933784
Maybe you need a new battery? Or is it supposed to turn on when you plug in the usb regardless? Open it up.
>>
>>933802
>Buying new electronic items
>Not fixing old ones

Do you even /diy/?
>>
>>933837
Actually not, I just googled it.
>>
>>933902
It doesn't turn on in anyway,it's literally completely dead. It might be something with the logic board. In anyway I need to open it without those fancy tools.
>>
>>933802
Well, the point is that it was a 160gb Ipod Classic, so it was very useful since I could store all my music's file in it. I really want to open it in anyway, without damaging it,of course.
>>
>>934196
Razor blades. Watch your fingers.

iPod Classics are weird. I sold mine a year back on eBay. I got back what I paid for it and it was in good but not great condition. Bought it 2007. People like them since they have the large hard drive that you can't get anymore.
>>
The hard drive is stuck. Drop in on carpeted floor from waist height 3 times
>>
>>933802
>>933784
This is the hardest-to-open device Apple ever sold.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod+Classic+Battery+Replacement/561

Good luck.
>>
>>934194
There are no fancy tools needed.

iPod classics are a bitch to open. If you plug it in and hold top and middle button can you/feel the disc spin up? If you can you probably put it in disc mode to recover data.

Otherwise you will need something strong and thin (metal spudger, costs literally nothing, usually comes with replacement parts) and you'll need to work all the way around the case, instructions on ifixit.
>>
>>933784
>I don't have any proper tool

4-6 guitar picks will probably do the trick lad.
>>
>>935092
>>935073
Read the goddamn thread.

>>934196
>>934221
>>
Well, friends, I'm not home right now. At the moment I arrive I'll upload you. Already tried to open it with guitar picks, but I'll try again. Never tried before with razor blades. Anyway, I will try to do something new back home, then I show my work back here. Thank you all again.
>>
>>934217
>what are MicroSD cards?

Seriously they have like 256GB capacity now. If you buy a device that doesnt allow you to expand storage then you are cuck and deserve to be miserable with 16GB.
>>
>>935378
People like built in storage.

People like brand names.

I'm not sure why you want to buy an apple product anymore, but people do.
>>
File: angry-mel.jpg (38 KB, 300x401) Image search: [Google]
angry-mel.jpg
38 KB, 300x401
>>933802
>>933802
>it will be require a lot more effort (time/money/value) than just buying a new

lol at this alien attitude
>>
>>933802
>Owning a smartphone.
I bet you a drive a car too, tool.
>>
File: gum-eez-thru-flossers.jpg (6 KB, 240x270) Image search: [Google]
gum-eez-thru-flossers.jpg
6 KB, 240x270
>>933784
I've done this on a 2nd and 5th gen ipod. you have to basically pry the metal part off some plastic clips on the front part. You need to pry under it with something plastic to avoid damage (although you still might deform the metal a bit). You have to work your way around with a thin piece of plastic, lever the metal part off, then shim it to keep it from reattaching as you're doing the next area. In both cases I replaced a battery which isn't all that hard. If you order a battery off amazon they'll send a tool with it quite often. It's a hard plastic stick with a tapered edge on one end to pry under the metal. I think PVC would be strong enough to work if you had some around and sharpened an edge on it about 1cm wide at maybe 30 degrees. But soft plastic wouldn't work very we IMO. There are a bunch of micro connectors in there that I could see possibly getting opened and having a bad connection. What might work is those flossers which I will attach as an image for reference. It's pretty close the material used in the tool that came with the battery.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.