[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
building a siege engine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: trebuchet.jpg (47 KB, 564x420) Image search: [Google]
trebuchet.jpg
47 KB, 564x420
Any advice on building something like pic related? (Maybe a bit smaller)
>>
>>933255
first you need blood and marital ties to continental europe, second you need general ruthlessness, and third you need an intense hatred of the scots. with all of these things combined, you can achieve your loup de guerre
>>
>>933255
Ask the Ukrainians.
>>
>>933255
Are you that same guy who also wants to build a submarine, space ship and his own private jet?
>>
>>933399
No I just think a trebuchet or a catapult would be a cool thing to have
>>
>>933255
>this is allowed but making guns and bombs isn't
>truly a cucked society we dwell in on DIY
>>
>>933402
What are you going to do with something like that? At most you can probably mess a building up pretty bad, maybe even kill someone if the projectile is large enough. Guns are made to kill or maim, but siege engines aren't made to purposely do that.
>>
>>933255
What details do you want to know more about? The sling mechanism or the construction of something big?

This guy has some good building tips that helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAX72Xgf1U
>>
>>933419
The guy is an idiot, we have actually had gunsmithing threads before.

Crying that 15 year old /b/ kids cant talk about pipe shotguns is retarded.
>>
>>933422
I'm looking to build something that can sling a watermelon or a rock a decent distance
>>
>>933255
I built a standard catapult a few years ago. It has two legs, basically tripods, and the pivoting arm. All made out of lumber. Was an easy build.
I made the tripods too small though. The rocking movement of the counterweight (a box which I filled with heavyish shit, wasn't that good of an idea) is quite violent so it needs to be sturdy. I have been planning on making the counterweight fixed instead of pivoting which would mean that it wouldn't shake that much. It's just too cold now, it's a project for sunny days with nothing to do.

The standard catapult (trebuchet) is inefficient though. As the counterweight moves in an arc it doesn't give that much oomph when it's tangent moves away from being perpendicular to the earth. There is an more efficient version where the counterweight falls down and the pivoting point moves. Can't find it on the tubes though...

I have a book called backyard ballistics wich is interesting, it has a few different guides to build warmachines, as well as lots of background info. Recommended.
>>
>>933419

Pumpkin Chunkin
>>
>>933422
>guy links relevant informative video
>no one after him watched it
What am I not surprised? Half the threads on diy are productive and half want their hands held
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.