[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do the fans in bathrooms exit to? I like to smoke in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-6601267646103223338.jpg (625 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6601267646103223338.jpg
625 KB, 1440x2392
Where do the fans in bathrooms exit to? I like to smoke in my bathroom and always wonder if my upstairs neighbors or side neighbors can smell it
>>
They are supposed to vent to the outside. I have seen them go straight into the attic or even just blow air into the joists between floors.
>>
>>933189
What would you look for in the outside of the building?
>>
>>933188
To answer your first question, these fans are supposed to exit outside, but could also vent into a central duct leading outside if this is in a modern apartment building.

To answer your second question, yes your neighbours might smell it, of which about 5% via the extract fan and the connected ducts and 95% via natural ventilation through windows and doors, even when they are closed.
>>
>>933194
Thank you. Good to know
>>
>>933191
A vent cover, like on dryer exhaust vents. Probably at the level of the intake inside.

Try openning it and seeing if it's ducted. If not, it just goes into the ceiling.
>>
>>933188
If your lease agreement is to not smoke then don't fucking smoke.
>>
>>933248
Ah ok.

>>933252
It doesn't say anything about that but I know people don't like the smell of cigars
>>
>>933188
maybe dont be a scumbag who smokes inside. jesus its 2015.
>>
there is no way to smoke cigars inside and not trash the place. I say this as someone who smoked cigarettes indoors even in winter with the windows closed for months because young and renter.

I still never smoked cigars inside, if you do this with anything resembling regularity it will pretty much require total demolition if someone wants to unfuck it someday.

Maybe if you like setup a linoleum room in a basement with an intake and exhaust and caulked it air tight you could smoke cigars in there and just gut and rebuild it every few years...but even then I'm thinking its going to get rank.

I say this as a tobacco lover, I like the smell of tobacco, especially high grade organic hand rolls like cigars. But the built up residue is some pretty terrible shit.
>>
>>933188
That looks like a heat vent, not a fan out.
>>
>>933257
How to be a cunt 101. Because its so hard to take your autistic ass outside for like 10 minutes max?

Hope they smell that shit and charge you with the cleanup cost before you leave... If theres any wood/carpet that will have to be replaced. And the walls will have to be scrubbed and painted.

This is why renters charge like 1200 for tiny ass places.. Because cunts like yourself.
>>
>>933263
> 2015
Is it?
>>
>>933328
SMOKERS R THE INSTIGATORS OF STRATOSPHERIC RENT INCREASES; HOMELESNESSES & WURLD POVERTY. DIE IN A FIRE ALREDY, CUNTs; ETC:

- nothing like a bit of tolerance, anon. OP, turn your bathroom into one of those glass cubicle airport 'smoking area' things. You'll stop soon enough then.
>>
>>933328
You really are 18, aren't you? A good cigar, a tumbler of good single malt scotch/top shelf bourbon, a good friend to share them with while fixing the world's problems, on the porch in a comfy chair after supper? That's an hour easy. You haven't lived, my friend. Oh wait, this is 4chan and OP is in an apartment smoking shitty black and milds. Carry on, you're correct. An 18 year old judgmental jerk, but correct none-the-less.
>>
>>933263
>>933640
CAUGHT IN THE ACT, CALL THE NEWS
>>
>>933666
>good cigar, a tumbler of good single malt scotch/top shelf bourbon,
This is why you live in a shit apartment. Buy a god damn house that you can do whatever the fuck in without pissing everyone off and then take up stupid vices that will put you in a early grave and make the last 15 years of your life a living hell. Or just be poor your whole life and live in shitholes stacked up like firewood.
>>
>>933666
>[A] judgmental jerk, but correct none-the-less.
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>933939
I'm not OP anon, I do live in a house. I don't think going outside maybe four times a year to share a good cigar and a good drink with my friends is going to affect the last 15 years of my life the way you think it will?

>>933956
I was responding to the fact that anon thinks it takes 10 minutes to smoke a cigar. Obviously he's never had a good one, that's an hour at least, so he's probably on the young side. And in the end I was actually agreeing with him, albeit very sarcastically. Sorry if I offended you, anon.
>>
>>933666
>all that in the bathroom
>>
>>933986
DESIGNATED
SMOKING
BATHROOM
>>
>>933257
>people don't like the smell of cigars

Cigars. Yeah, right. Hue, hue.
>>
>>933666
everyone check out this mature gentleman
hey m8, check you're rss feed artofmanliness just put out an epic new post about organic beard oils
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.