[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Help Please!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
95 KB, 1920x1080
I have 12 G. of ram total. System specs say I'm using up 11 G. of memory. All my programs running, free space, and mapped memory dont even add up to 2 G. let alone 11. Computer is relatively new. Mostly AMD with a Gigabyte motherboard (all compatible). What can I do anons?
>>
File: Untitled2.png (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
177 KB, 1920x1080
pic related.
>>
>>932418
Err... RamMap is built to do exactly what you're asking us to do for you. RamMap lets you see which processes are using which blocks of memory. I suggest you go read it's FAQ, learn to use the app, work out which processes are eating your memory, then think about whether you need them running or not.
>>
You could try installing an OS that would allow you to address more than 4GB RAM, for a start - its called Windows 7 (64 bit), x64.

Your (usable) RAM is showing 4GB - used. Nor do I know why you have a 32 bit OS on a 12GB PC, but, throw that shit, it aint activated anyway.
>>
>>932418
You're using a 32 bit operating system which is incapable of using 12Gb of RAM. It SHOULD be able to use 4Gb. I'm guessing you do not have a dedicated video card and the bios has allocated 2Gb for graphics, leaving you with only 2Gb. Is this by any chance a laptop?
>>
File: okcomputer.png (58 KB, 1305x699) Image search: [Google]
okcomputer.png
58 KB, 1305x699
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>932448
Just realized it's an AMD with on-chip graphics.. so yeah it's taking 2Gb of RAM for graphics.

1. Install Windows 7 64-bit.
2. Install a dedicated graphics card. (Optional but recommended)
>>
>>932452
Brees is washed up
>>
this has to be a troll thread.

you cannot use more than 4gb of ram on 32 bit windows. no matter how much you have installed it will only address 4gb of that 12gb. thats why you have less than 2gb availabkle from the 4gb windows can use.

now get rid of that 32 bit bullshit and install or upgrade to 64 bit

why the fuck do people install 32 bit versions on CPUs that are superior to the OS?

seriously who is this stupid. im still betting on troll thread
>>
>>932791
Go you! You spotted something we all did, but were able to move beyond without shitting out that turd of a post! Is impulse control something you struggle with generally or is it only us that have to suffer your bullshit?
>>
>>932791
>or upgrade to 64 bit
..anon invents the 32-64 bit upgrade path - well done! And what the other guy said, basically, you being an erse - from hard drive taken from previous PC, to having 32-bit only install meedia, to having shardware with no 64 bit drivers, to pressing the wrong option - theres about a million ways to still end up with a 32 bit system; just, on a 12GB PC, or anything 4GB+, 64-bit be the more sensible choice.
>>
>>932791
Are you saying he needs to delete system32 so that the 64 but underlying platform will take over and then after a reboot of course his system should be able to take full effect of the 12Gigaboos if RAM?
>>
>>932421
>32 bit operating system
There's your problem. 32 bit OSes can only address 4 gigs of ram. Switch to 64 bit if you want to use all 12 gigs.
>>
>>933053

thank you captain fucking obvious where this was stated like 5 times already, im glad you read the whole thread before replying. you are a valued member of 4chan.
>>
>>932452
>windows server
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.