[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what da fuq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160115_001019.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160115_001019.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
so ive been working on a couple of safes, and found this.
Pic related.
>the fuck kinda key....?
>>
>>932317
It's a USB thumbdrive you can put on a keychain
>>
>>932332

not necessarily. it could be a access key for the safe. newer safes have these electronic keys you put into a slot or they have some you just touch the side of it to a plate like a RFID reader and access the safe.

makes sense if OP found it while working on a safe
>>
>>932332
Yeah, I don't know if I buy that. Take a better picture op
>>
>>932332
too many contacts for usb
>>
>>932332
Clearly it isn't, because that's not USB's pin arrangement, and it's not got the different pin lengths that USB has so it can hotplug.

It's almost certainly a master key for a safe that locks with either a user-settable combination or a credit-card reader.

When your guest locks the credit card they locked the safe with in the safe, you show up with this key, pop open a cover on the front panel, and slide it in.
>>
Its not USB nor is it MicroSD.

Looks like 6 pins. OP, take a better pic.
>>
Op is too busy trying to shove this into his USB port to get us a better pic
>>
File: download.jpg (2 KB, 160x89) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2 KB, 160x89
>>932317
Some security lock ( old '90 ) type.
Or old Canal+ or other cable TV
In Europe CANAL+ analog cable decoders has key similar to this.
>>
File: 1451950473274.jpg (55 KB, 669x904) Image search: [Google]
1451950473274.jpg
55 KB, 669x904
>>932792

>>932816

>>933780

Feel like this would make a great movie premise, some guy working on safes (btw what kind of fucking work?) finds a master key.

>anon did you happen to see the master key to the safe you were working on? Think I left it inside.
>......Nawh dude didn't see anything
>alright well keep an eye out anon
>..........Alright let me know if you need more work done in the future
>anon starts ransacking safes with little success
>finds more keys/steals keys/steals safes/I don't know I'm not a play write
>eventually gets caught

If anyone makes a movie out of it say it was inspired by "anonymous online poster", and I'll know.

And if you want to tell me how bad this post was, don't, I've already dissapointed myself
>>
>>932317
Hey , you are very lucky to find this. I worked hotel maintenance and these are the key to reset the combo on those little hotel safes. I had to use them all the time when tourists would forget their combo.
>>
>>932317
A hotel key. The black ones like this are usually useless. Hotel I used to work at used them in place of the cards most places give out.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.