[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man Cave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: IMG_20160107_112821.jpg (286 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_112821.jpg
286 KB, 1000x667
Hi, DIY!

We're talking today about man caves. Post your man cave, advices, sef-made furniture or decoration, etc.

I want to get some ideas. Having a man cave is a lifetime desire.
>>
File: panorama_03a.jpg (1 MB, 4522x1130) Image search: [Google]
panorama_03a.jpg
1 MB, 4522x1130
The goal is to turn it into a place to delight in your hobbies and interest. For many a mancave is their workshop or garage. My current mancave is my bedroom/home studio. Most of the goodies are packed-away in the storage boxes and whatnot but it's a true playground of instruments, microphones, and gear
>>
>>932246
What's up /mu/, I've seen that pic in /prod/ or /gg/ before
>>
>>932251
Sup /prod/friend!
>>
File: 1439956377301.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2688) Image search: [Google]
1439956377301.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2688
something like this?
>>
File: 1439947976496.jpg (2 MB, 1642x2462) Image search: [Google]
1439947976496.jpg
2 MB, 1642x2462
>>932368
i can keep dumping if you like?
>>
File: 1420513943994.jpg (1 MB, 2998x2050) Image search: [Google]
1420513943994.jpg
1 MB, 2998x2050
>>932369
>>
>>932243
>A friend of mine built a home theater with a 120-inch screen, 7-channel surround sound, and reclining seats. The first month or so, we all visited every weekend, but once the novelty wore off, it's rarely been used.
>A co-worker built a man cave with video games, a pool table, and a bar. He admitted it never gets used... twice a year he invites everyone at work to his house, and even then we spend most of the time BBQing in his back yard.
Man-caves rarely get used as people envision, and are usually a waste of money. A workshop, music room, or office is different.
>>
>>932243
This is my project for the past years:
>bar on one side
>exercise equipment on other
>couch in between
Entertainment wall opposite couch:
>aquarium
>tv
>aquarium
>bookcase
>>932387
Mine will be used because it will take the place of a living room for TV watching and internet. Then my actual living room might stay clean enough to have guests over. (Ones who don't already know that I live like a pig.)
>>
>>932243
>man cave
>man

Nice try cuck lord buy I notice a distinct lack of power tools and milling machines.
>>
I can't really take this topic seriously after hearing about the female version, the lady cave...
>>
>>932467
> power tools and milling machines.
> sawdust and metal shavings all through your NES

You'll understand the difference between "workshop" and "man cave" once you move out anon.
>>
>>932474
I'm married with a house and two children. Hence why I highlighted 'man'.

You must have a warped vision of adulthood and manliness. Sitting in cheeto dust on a knackered old console while your wife does the dishes, isn't mine.
>>
>>932479
>implying his waifu pillow cooks
>>
>>932479
> I do actually enjoy sawdust and metal shavings through my [insert objects of pride and joy here]
> I'll prove it by falling back to ad hominem.

When you're agreeing with someone, it's best not to be a cunt about it anon.
>>
I should totally set up a play room for kids. Lego, drawers of Lego, a display cabinet for their work and sufficient lighting and cooling because building shit is hard work. Floor should be solid without gaps for easily finding that part, a table on the wall edges as a workstation and the display cabinet somewhere in the room. Massive space for dioramas and movie reenactments with hinged wall shelves(add a glass door even), with a step ladder safe for everyone so kids can access older dioramas they've built.

I personally think the man cave is where time can be spent enjoyed, be it building, welding, cutting shit, fixing things, and even get a few members of the family to enjoy it with you. Shouldn't be just filled with "cool" things. Gotta make it special, and people need to see why on the first glance.
>>
>>932387
>buying my first car
>get 8seater 4wd van
>imagine all the outings with my many friends
>tfw no friends
>get into diy because have huge van that can carry hardware now
>>
>>932369
what size is that TV?
>>
>>932505
How was that a reasonable choice for a first car? I bought a 4 banger import with 100 miles, and loved that car, but I put at least 2 grand into it over the years.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x427
My mancave would be a fallout shelter under the house or lawn
I'd also have it be my room to do work, write my reports and shit without being distracted by a bunch of fucking cats outside making love or menial shit like that.

Pic related: something like this but much much larger. And probably done myself out of concrete & rebar.
>>
These look like manchild caves instead.
>>
>>933231

Epic Maymay bro. Leys toss around a football and then rub dicks in a non sexual way.
>>
>>932243
pic related is a faggot cave. i like vidya as much as the next guy but this is lame as shit.
>>
File: 05124118996429.jpg (91 KB, 545x375) Image search: [Google]
05124118996429.jpg
91 KB, 545x375
>>932243
>>933266
> 'man cave', 'faggot cave'
NONE OF THEM, DIPSHITS.
https://www.instagram.com/retro_gaming/
>>
>>932243
personal project of mine is to build a really nice stained wood arcade cabinet, with a good 40-60 inch tv in it, have a 4-6 player arcade top that is able to hold every single control input needed, then also have a really nice ass chair behind it.

under the controls will be a slide panel for every classic console controller i can get working on a computer, along with a steam controller once this big picture only faggotry is done.

and there we go, mame, all the classic consoles, all on a nice ass screen, and i would make it an enclosed space like those light gun cabinets you see from time to time.

shit would be nice, but my estimates on everything i need to power and run the thing are to fucking high for me.

as for that room. give me 1 good crt, have another 2/3 in backup for when the first either dies or i cant fix an issue, and keep doing this till tvs with no lag displays come out.

then, a giant ass bookshelf, and another comfy as fuck chair, or a sumo sack gigantea.

possibly a home theater, and my computer desk.

shit would get used all the goddamn time, granted some things like the arcade cabinet would be a luxury thing more so than used, but the computer, home theater, and reading space would be in constant use.

as for decoration, nice dark woods, possibly a dark green paint, or even a burgundy red. with blackout curtains.

but like i said, cost prohibits me from ever doing this.
>>
>>933081
>australia
>not owning a 4wd
our whole country is one big camping place. lesser cars just bog down in the mud at camp sites/national parks.
>>
>>933081
It's a good analogy for the man caves some people build. The saying "If you build it, they will come" is false, people won't hang out with you just because you have a man cave to hang out in. Even within my circle of friends, we don't hang out at the house with the best stuff, we hang out at the apartment of the most social host. It's the person, not the place.
>>
File: 1423705443001.jpg (41 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
1423705443001.jpg
41 KB, 580x386
Lol, get a nice cuckshed brah
>>
>>932368
>>932369
If there's one thing i hate, it's desks with no depth
>>
File: 1422331088742.jpg (18 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
1422331088742.jpg
18 KB, 600x339
>>932243
>MUH MANLY ROOM FOR MANLY MEN

I want reddit to leave. Just get a fucking hobby that doesn't involve a screen turning your brain into tapioca and then devote a room to it in your house; god damn.
>>
>>933356
I highly doubt she actually plays those games.
>>
File: vibro_pepe.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
vibro_pepe.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>932243
>man cave
>posts some autistic game room
>the only thing worse than retro gamers is?

You guessed it. Cucks.
>>
>>934037
This
>>
File: claypuppingtonsstudy.jpg (50 KB, 813x615) Image search: [Google]
claypuppingtonsstudy.jpg
50 KB, 813x615
>>932243
>man caves.

See, these are all video game rooms.

I imagine a man cave having...
>A pool table
>A bar
>A Dart Board
>A Trophy shelf
> Maybe a pinball machine
>Maybe a wall-mounted TV
>A fireplace
>A general organized motif
>>
>>932246
Be nice if everything wasn't rounded and in half circle configurations
>>
>>932387
Well if you try too hard then yeah it will get boring.
>>
>>935177
3/10 Apply Yourself.
>>
Once my girlfriend and I buy our house my mancave will likely be either the garage or one of the other bedrooms. It's going to look more like an office/library than these things. I'll have the table for my D&D games, a desk and bookshelves.

My tools can be in the garage.
>>
>>932246
I want rokits so bad senpai you dont even know
>>
What the fuck is a man cave? I have a garage converted into a workshop. Why would I want to be inside? My wife is there.
>>
>>935403
Man caves aren't shops. They are basically shitty rooms outside of the main living area where cucks go to do normal things that they can't do in the house anymore. Generally because their wife/GF/mom keeps their balls in her purse.

If you go into a garage/outbuilding/basement and there is a welder or a table saw or only tools and stuff, its a shop. If you go into a dudes garage and it has a big screen TV and a couple of lazyboy chairs its a cuckshed. I don't care if it also where you keep your rollaway US General toolbox filled with Husky/Kobalt tools, if you use it like the way a real man would use a living room or den, its a cuckshed. Same deal if thats the room they smoke/drink in because they can't do that in the house anymore. Every year when the weather gets better we get some cucks that want to know how to fancy up their cuckshed so they can "smoke out there with the boys" and not feel like a bunch of hobos squatting in a garden shed.

>Once my girlfriend and I buy our house
Like this poor fucker right here.

>mancave will likely be either the garage or one of the other bedrooms.
It will be the garage. Double this likelihood if its a detached garage.

>My tools can be in the garage.
Including you that will mean all the tools will be in the same place.
>>
>>932387
And the moral of the story is, be selfish. Make your mancave cater to all your hobbies and it'll see regular usage.
>>
>>935398
they're fine (underrated imho) but they aren't really anything special anon. you can do better.

>>935421
this
>>
A lot of hate in this thread. Maybe if you weren't all teens, you would realize it's nice to have a extra tv room / lounge where your kids aren't allowed to go and muck up all your fancy toys. Also, some of us have enough money to have both a man cave and a workshop. Although, the use of the word makes me cringe. I just call it my lounge, my man lounge.
>>
>>935174
>>
thats exactly how i wanna build my mancave (minus the dart), i would like to have this old saloon scene going on
>>
>>935420
dude whats wrong with you with not smoking in the house? even the herbal jaw?
Some people are have kids, yeah this still happens in 2016
>>
File: 1448965252356.png (320 KB, 540x880) Image search: [Google]
1448965252356.png
320 KB, 540x880
>>935581
I agree, my mom worked as a RN, and the hospital she worked at fired anyone who had tobacco in their system. Out of respect, my dad made a special room where he and his hunting buddies could hang out and smoke without exposing her or me.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.