[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, to make a long story short, my hands are shit but I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: charcoal_Rlarge.jpg (84 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
charcoal_Rlarge.jpg
84 KB, 640x479
Ok, to make a long story short, my hands are shit but I want to try to carve things.

the conclusion i have reached is use foam.

foam itself is relatively expensive, and large so i don't want to buy pre made pieces.

is there any diy foam i could make, that would have little to no air pockets, (think the fiam normally has .01mm air holes or less, but than there is one area that looks like it could be mistaken for swiss cheese) that i could make in fairly small quantities or containers, empty soda cans?
>>
>>931852
I dont think you are going to be able to make your own foam any better.

What kind of carving are you talking about
>>
>>931869
sharp knife, but sense its just foam, i could probably be able to use an exacto knife more precisely.

quality wise... i'm not expecting it to be perfect, just wondering if there was an option that would piss me off.
>>
>>931884
for an ultra ghetto version you could use spray can expanding foam, spray it into a frame of the shape you want and then carve it?

Not sure how toxic it would be to handle over a large period of time but it might work?
>>
>>932064
No way to spray expanding foam without getting random huge ass air pockets.
>>
>>932064
>>932089
that was my first thought, but like person said, the air pockets, while i could deal with random, its the consistently large pockets that i can't deal with.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.